cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the ebay???

I click the same link I always do, I wanted to log in and put a listing up, and I get this.....and they're gonna want direct access to my bank account one day?!!!  Oh my.

ola.png

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: What the ebay???

Ya, something new they added.

I think they are just trying to see how much stuff they can mess up in a short time.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Another week, another plague of software problems ...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@dannewvillage wrote:

I click the same link I always do, I wanted to log in and put a listing up, and I get this.....and they're gonna want direct access to my bank account one day?!!!  Oh my.

ola.png

What?  You didn't know that the latest eBay seller "perk" is a free Rosetta Stone Spanish class?   😉

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@dannewvillage wrote:

ola.png

What?  You didn't know that the latest eBay seller "perk" is a free Rosetta Stone Spanish class?   It was another one of those things they forgot to mention in the 2018 Fall Seller Update...    😉

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@dannewvillage  We've seen that off and on on 3 IDS ... to me the bigger question is why the Facebook link?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I got one in Russian the other day. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

incoln - a easy dign in with Facebook is available for many of the sites I visit - not only to read the forums, but to leave a comment and shop. Despite the fact they say Facebook is going the way of My Place - it's still alive and well as a signin on the net.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

the bigger question is why the Facebook link?

Having a third party provide authentication means that eBay would not actually be storing the password that gives you access to the eBay site. 

From a user perspective, this gives them the choice to use a single sign-on to minimize the number of times they need to log in. This may be more convenient for the user, especially if the user is already logged into Facebook every day. It also allows the user to take advantage of extra features that the third party provides, such as two-factor authentication or facial recognition.  

From the eBay per perspective, this means they are not responsible for storing and protecting the user;s password, and means they do not have to spend time and money developing more advanced security measures (two factor, facial recognition, biometrics, etc.) Basically eBay gets any security features that Facebook introduces for free. 

It seems clear to me that third party authentication is going to become pervasive in the near future. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@thevintagesilvershop wrote:

I got one in Russian the other day. 

eBay sign in 2.jpg

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply