cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to sell 10 (Bulk) Vintage collectible comic books?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ohb7781 wrote:

Over the years I have sold a dozen items on eBay, basically comics. I am now selling all my #1's and 2's and wanted to sell bulk. Ex. These 4 in one bulk- The Phantom Stranger DC #1 fine & 2 VF and the Crypt of Shadows Marvel #1 VF & 2 VF/NM total $140

@ohb7781   I do not recommend listing DC and Marvel comics in the same lot unless there was some type of cross-over event.  

You can list the comics in the same listing but make sure that you use as many of the titles 80 characters as possible so buyers can find your comics.

I also recommend switching to the Bussiness Listing tool.  The Quick Listing tool is too automated and it will be harder to list multiple comics in one listing.

Select switch to the Business Tool on the upper right-hand side of the draft. Ignore the warning, anyone can use this tool. This tool is free to use and it doesn't mean you have a Business Account.

You can also access the business tool by signing up for Seller Hub> https://www.ebay.com/sh/ovw Select listing> create listing>
OR open your existing draft after you sign up for Seller Hub> https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/drafts

For shipping 3 comics should weigh under 15.9oz so you can use 1st class.  This is what I do and have never had problems.  Place the comics in a grocery bag.  Next I use heavy cardboard, at least 2 pieces to sandwich the comics but sometimes 3 depending on the thickness of the cardboard box.    The cardboard has to be a bit larger than the comics to protect the edges.

Then I place all of that in a polyvinyl envelope.  

I also use Priority Bubble Flat rate to ship up to 12 comics ( also sandwiched wtih cardboard).  I have never had a lot damaged in shipping when using this method.

For larger lots up to 20 to 24 depending on the comics I use Regional A rate boxes.   

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Sell them to a comic book store.  If you sell them on ebay be sure you don't try to use media mail so you might as well charge $12.80 for shipping if they weight over a pound.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Good idea, thank you.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Best way is Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A. I use it all the time. Quickest, fastest and most safe way ship comic books.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

If you are someone who has not sold much on ebay...sell them somewhere other than ebay. On ebay, new, small and infrequent sellers are scam targets, especially with pricey items.

If you proceed, do so with being sure your listing description and policies are extremely clear. 

Even that may not save you with the way NAD cases go these days. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Over the years I have sold a dozen items on eBay, basically comics. I am now selling all my #1's and 2's and wanted to sell bulk. Ex. These 4 in one bulk- The Phantom Stranger DC #1 fine & 2 VF and the Crypt of Shadows Marvel #1 VF & 2 VF/NM total $140

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@comics-scifi-collectibles 

will know this one!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@ohb7781 wrote:

@ohb7781   I do not recommend listing DC and Marvel comics in the same lot unless there was some type of cross-over event.  

You can list the comics in the same listing but make sure that you use as many of the titles 80 characters as possible so buyers can find your comics.

I also recommend switching to the Bussiness Listing tool.  The Quick Listing tool is too automated and it will be harder to list multiple comics in one listing.

Select switch to the Business Tool on the upper right-hand side of the draft. Ignore the warning, anyone can use this tool. This tool is free to use and it doesn't mean you have a Business Account.

You can also access the business tool by signing up for Seller Hub> https://www.ebay.com/sh/ovw Select listing> create listing>
OR open your existing draft after you sign up for Seller Hub> https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/drafts

For shipping 3 comics should weigh under 15.9oz so you can use 1st class.  This is what I do and have never had problems.  Place the comics in a grocery bag.  Next I use heavy cardboard, at least 2 pieces to sandwich the comics but sometimes 3 depending on the thickness of the cardboard box.    The cardboard has to be a bit larger than the comics to protect the edges.

Then I place all of that in a polyvinyl envelope.  

I also use Priority Bubble Flat rate to ship up to 12 comics ( also sandwiched wtih cardboard).  I have never had a lot damaged in shipping when using this method.

For larger lots up to 20 to 24 depending on the comics I use Regional A rate boxes.   

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

What Comics? What Condition? You have to give some details to get an answer tailored to you.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Stan Lee's Marvel Monster Group #1 & 2 Very good condition with #1 Giant sized Spider-Man & Dracula very good condition also, and Giant-sized #1 Super-Heroes w/Spider-Man, Special Issue $175.00

The Shadow #1 Kamandi #1 and Tales of the Zombie #1  $150 active on my eBay.

The Phantom Stranger #'s 1  & 2 Crypt of Shadows # 1 & 2 $150 active on my eBay. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Great help, thank you. Visionary.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply