cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with these fraudulent transactions??????

Hello Guys,

Looking for some advice/input on my situation. I recently posted up several items for sale "GoPro Hero 5" and "GoPro Hero 5 Session." Made several transactions and thought it was going to be a good day on eBay. Packaged the items and printed out the labels and was about to head to the post office to drop them off, when one after another I get Paypal notifications that the buyer has filed a claim against the transacation stating that the transaction was unauthorized and they've been hacked. 

Now I understand, one or two transactions would make sense, but I've literally had 4-5 in a row on the same items. Are they targetting me? What's going on with these buyers?? Any input? I'm going to post pictures and my listing for reference. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you. 

**I have not lost any money yet because I generally print out my labels and drop them at the post office the following day, it seems that the buyer files a claim as soon as the label has been printed**

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GoPro-HERO-5-Black-Ultra-HD-4K-Action-Camera-Model-Waterproof-GoPro-Camera-/...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GoPro-Hero-5-Black-Edition-Session-4K-Ultra-HD-Wi-Fi-Waterproof-Action-Camer...

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What is going on with these fraudulent transactions??????

Contact eBay and ask them to investigate and to advise you on why this is happening and what you need to do, call them on the phone.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Contact eBay and ask them to investigate and to advise you on why this is happening and what you need to do, call them on the phone.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hot items! Hero 5 = instant cash on the street

Hijacked accounts are like whack-a-mole and the people who take them over are looking for goods which can produce quick cash, things like the latest phone, game console, or camera tend to attract them more than less valuable and/or desirable items.

It's good that PayPal are reasonably quick to let you know, also good that the actual account holders seem to be finding out they have been compromised.

You should also be aware that if you had shipped those packages with a label printed prior to PayPal's notice you would be fully covered against a Fraudulent Use claim with only proof of shipping (delivery not required) to the specified address. PayPal is top of the heap in that regard.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

OP, 

Yet another reason why I et my handling time to 3 days and stopped chasing the 20% discount carrot. 

Lucky

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

This is certainly a situation that would warrant calling the CS.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

No need to call.  Just cancel the sale, stating "Buyer request" as the reason.  Don't relist those. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Call them?  And how do you call them?  Where are the phone numbers?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Click on the 'help and contact' link at the top then jump through all the hoops and they will give you a phone number after you get through the maze......

Message 8 of 8
latest reply