cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Dropshipping Business?

Hi, I have a plan to start my online store but have no idea from where I should start. Someone told me about dropshipping business. Before to start I want to know more about dropshipping business ideas, tips, and guidelines. thanks

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Here's a tip...don't do it. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

To succeed, you need to do your own homework, legwork, and gruntwork.  Here you go, to start your reading and research:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/posting-items/setting-postage-options/drop-shipping?id=4176

and

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+dropship+on+ebay&source=hp&ei=cv2IYeSjBZOwytMP04qU6AM&iflsig=...

I will tell you that it's a risky and tricky business model because you are not in control of the merchandise or its shipping, but you are financially responsible to buyers if they are unhappy with the merchandise or the shipping.

=

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

You don’t have a plan - you have a

rough draft for a disaster.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Drop shipping is rarely a good idea.  YOU, the seller, will be responsible for any mistakes made by your source like OOS or late shipping.  YOUR reputation as a seller takes the hit.  

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Doesn't it make you wonder why the  company that dropships  doesn't list their own items?  Why would they have you (or anyone else)  as a middle man when they can make a listing for their own items and make more money?   

Is it because most of the dropship companies are selling cheap junk and they want you to assume the risks when the item is late or out of stock or the product breaks or doesn't fit?

If you look through the products your dropshipper has to offer check to see if  it's already being sold here.  In order to compete you'll have to sell it cheaper  and have faster shipping.  

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@imhus389 

All new sellers need to research everything they can about ALL area’s of eBay not just Selling and Listing.

It is not just a matter of list, sell, send - you need to learn what to do when a customer wants to return an item, (and if the seller is drop shipping this can be a headache) and what to do if a customer claims an item is not received - again a drop shippers nightmare. Research shipping costs for off shore buyers. Do a search of eBay and see what is selling well and make sure you can match the quality and prices.

I have a read a number of posts where the new seller has no idea and is getting hit with negative feedback and unresolved cases being handled by eBay (which dings a sellers account) because they do not know the processes to avoid this.

Read, read, and read some more is the only way new sellers will survive the first month.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling

https://www.ebay.com/help/ship-track

https://www.ebay.com/help/returns-refunds

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

What if I have a question about the item for sale, you won't know the answer.

That hurts every seller.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Dropshipping is not recommended.  You won't make money.  The money is made by the dropshipping business and the products are inferior quality.  If you can buy it online so can everyone else.  People aren't dumb. 

TIP To make money ship things you own and have on hand.  If you're from Pakistan I recommend linens, your country has great quality cotton.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

and have faster shipping.

That would be a neat trick since the same dropshipper is doing the same shipping for all his sellers. 

Do not get into dropshipping. It will not end well.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@imhus389 

You're not ready to try dropshipping.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

You only have 1 shot to succeed. If you fail because your drop shipper shipped the wrong item to times to a different buyers. If you get to many Neg's from it. eBay will ban you for ever.   Is it worth the chance???

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Dropshipping business is only good if you are making the product and other people are selling it for you.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

hi

You can learn it from this. Sweep well here

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@rathnaweeraaracimeshaudayang_0 wrote:

hi

You can learn it from this. Sweep well here

I admire your tidy house.