Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happened To eBay?

38 REPLIES 38

Re: What Happened To eBay?

@downunder-61 wrote:

I find this amusing ^^^^

The ONLY reply that is negative towards REGULAR responders get's Best Answer from @hachumi 

That pretty much sums it all up.........

"Organic posters"

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

@rugerskick wrote:

If you have any good positive ones in mind that analyze ebay from an overall business viewpoint, I would like to watch it.  Post any you know of and would recommend.

Most that analyze eBay from a business standpoint are not those who actually use eBay. The stock analysis is mostly smoke and mirrors. For example, they were bragging about eBay's "new" fitment tool and it's performance... Meanwhile eBay's fitment tool has existed for years and has been BROKEN and I'd reported this since 2019 (still not fixed). So they're not only promoting a "new tool" that isn't new, they're promoting a broken tool.

It's those of us on here who are more familiar with the issues, and considering active buyers have dropped significantly, GMV has dropped to quite low levels for eBay, and the sales have been refocused to those who invest most in ads, all while margins have decreased from the ad focus... Is it really a surprise that eBay sellers are upset?

It bears repeating... Active buyers has plummetted, and don't be fooled by the GMV alone, as prices themselves are padded due to incorporating ad fees. 

eBays not nearly as bad for buyers, but prices have went up significantly due to the focus on ads as well. And their AI backed search has lacked the "I" in AI. Their niche used to be you could find the cheapest prices on eBay. They gave up that niche for those sweet ad $$$'s.

I would be glad to go over some positives, but by what metric would you say eBay has been performing positively in the last year or 2? I'd be glad to discuss.

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

EBAY SUCKS!!!

But i'll continue to sell here.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 33 of 39
latest reply

The site has devolved.

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

@hachumi 

Organic Posters

😂😂😂😂😂

Seagull Poster

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 35 of 39
latest reply

"When the simple can't argue a point they resort to smearing the poster, or name calling"

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

@hachumi wrote:

"When the simple can't argue a point they resort to smearing the poster, or name calling"

As in the post you picked as "Best Answer," for example. 

-

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

That was neither, sorry you didn't like it...

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

i@hachumi  Actually owe you an apology for my reply to you, it should have been to @juvikingnorway 

for his name calling:

@downunder-61 wrote:

I find this amusing ^^^^

The ONLY reply that is negative towards REGULAR responders get's Best Answer from @hachumi 

That pretty much sums it all up.........

"Organic posters"

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 39 of 39
latest reply