cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Do I Do?

Here is my issue. A buyer purchased one of my items. I received the payment. I shipped the item. It is still in transit. The buyer did not look at the estimated delivery and now just realized that it could take 1-10 business days to get to him. He is now complaining and wants a refund. I told him I only do a Return For Refund policy he refuses to do so and is saying I should give the refund up front. He changed his mind about wanting the item because he didn’t look. What can I do? I don’t feel like arguing with him anymore. Will eBay be on my side if he reports it to them?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: What Do I Do?

eBay's Money Back Guarantee is 30 days from delivery.  PayPal is 180 days.  However, they won't force the seller to pay return shipping; and just like if you had filed on eBay, you would be required to return it in the condition received.

Since you repaired it, that is not possible, unless you want to undo everything you did; in which case, the seller would not be reimbursing you for what you had put into the repairs in the first place.

Why did you wait so long to take action?  If you had done so right away, you would have been able to return it to your seller for a full refund, and with the seller paying for the return shipping.

But aside from that, you should start your own discussion thread for your problem instead of riding on someone else's.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

I would let the buyer know that you have asked Ebay to monitor all emails in this transaction. Tell him that you are sorry that he didn't read that the item would take a while to get to him. Tell him to REFUSE the package WITHOUT OPENING IT. It will come back to you and once you get it, you will refund him. I will tell you that if it's parcel post, you are ON the hook for the return shipment. I would rather get the box back unopened then have the **bleep** open it, remove the item and return trash and I still lose on the shipping. Block that buyer. If the item was a toy, send me buyer's name so that I can block the turd from bidding. Goodluck.
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@toybrats wrote:
I would let the buyer know that you have asked Ebay to monitor all emails in this transaction. Tell him that you are sorry that he didn't read that the item would take a while to get to him. Tell him to REFUSE the package WITHOUT OPENING IT. It will come back to you and once you get it, you will refund him. I will tell you that if it's parcel post, you are ON the hook for the return shipment. I would rather get the box back unopened then have the **bleep** open it, remove the item and return trash and I still lose on the shipping. Block that buyer. If the item was a toy, send me buyer's name so that I can block the turd from bidding. Goodluck.

OP post 5 months old.  Wonder what happened.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply