cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW eBay is BROKEN no sales for the month of June for me

You can say what you want but all I know as a 20 year inmate here is that eBay isn't performing at all like it was 3-4 months ago.

Good luck to ALL the small sellers out there!
Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Your feedback clearly shows that very few people are interested in your prints. On the other hand your dvd's seems to sell.

If you were listing dvd's you would have sales but instead all you have to offer is the prints.

Message 2 of 101
latest reply

So sorry to hear that - the pics are beautiful - but may I suggest that you put Robert Kline in your titles - there are buyers for these items but most of the other solds have Robert Kline in the title and with the new AI - they might not be picking up the name in your description.

Good luck! 

Message 3 of 101
latest reply

Perhaps it is time to get on the listing train and offer up some diversity in your offerings.

Best of luck. 

Message 4 of 101
latest reply

Run one of those (Promoted Listings Campaigns).

Here's proof that they do increase sales!

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2019/6/1561944603.html

Message 5 of 101
latest reply

I just reversed image searched one of your prints you have up. Your prices seem to be only a few dollars cheaper than the actual Robert  Kline website and they have free shipping so would probably end up costing less. So If I was someone interested in that artist I would probably be looking for the best price and more variety of options.  Maybe try looking into something else to sell?

Message 6 of 101
latest reply

@eunster1313 wrote:

Run one of those (Promoted Listings Campaigns).

Here's proof that they do increase sales!

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2019/6/1561944603.html

Well played.

Message 7 of 101
latest reply

@popeye3165 wrote:

You can say what you want but all I know as a 20 year inmate here is that eBay isn't performing at all like it was 3-4 months ago.

Your sales may not be performing like 3-4 months ago, but eBay as a whole is not mirroring your problems.

Complaining is not a healthy attitude.  It has a tendency to get other complainers to join in a chorus of complaining, which then reinforces a false narrative that the solution is out of their control because it puts the blame on something else (that is not necessarily the problem)  ... the result is inaction and ultimately failure, or continued misery.

As others have mentioned in this thread, you have the ability to make adjustments and improve your performance - the solution is to look at your inventory and figure out what you can adjust.  Change prices, change inventory, change promotion, etc.

You can succeed even if eBay changes nothing!

(P.S. If you don't wnt to change, perhaps because you don't have the energy or motivation, I get that ... retail is a constantly changing environment, and not everyone wants to change.  So, you might consider getting out before getting too bitter.  Bitterness is not a way to enjoy life).

Message 8 of 101
latest reply

You need to diversify.

All you have listed right now are a handful of prints. I looked through your sold listings and saw only two prints that sold.   The prints aren't moving for whatever reason. You need to find something else to add into the mix.

I've had to diversify. I now sell more than cookbooks and recipe booklets. I've changed my core selling several times through the years.  I used to be able to sell Yankee Candle stuff like crazy, now I can't give it away. I sold handmade soaps and candles for many years until the raw material costs tripled practically overnight.  I sold glassware for a while, tube radios for a while, all kinds of different things.

Just because something worked well in the past doesn't mean it will now.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 101
latest reply

You need to diversify.

All you have listed right now are a handful of prints. I looked through your sold listings and saw only two prints that sold.   The prints aren't moving for whatever reason. You need to find something else to add into the mix.

I've had to diversify. I now sell more than cookbooks and recipe booklets. I've changed my core selling several times through the years.  I used to be able to sell Yankee Candle stuff like crazy, now I can't give it away. I sold handmade soaps and candles for many years until the raw material costs tripled practically overnight.  I sold glassware for a while, tube radios for a while, all kinds of different things.

You cannot stick with just one thing and expect it to work, no matter how well it may have worked in the past.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 10 of 101
latest reply

You sold all the things people buy in May. You should not expect to have sales in June because there is nothing left to sell with just the same 34 items that have very little demand. Not sure why you would accuse Ebay of being broken. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture.

Message 11 of 101
latest reply

If people weren't interested in his prints, he wouldn't have close to 5,000 feedback. So not buying that argument at all.

Message 12 of 101
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

If people weren't interested in his prints, he wouldn't have close to 5,000 feedback. So not buying that argument at all.

His 5000 feedback is not from selling prints. Mostly cd/dvd and such. In fact he has only sold 2 prints in the last 90 days.

Message 13 of 101
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

Why would you assume all 5,000 feedback were from selling prints? As others have already stated, most of the sales came from dvds in the last 90 days. Most of us are only trying to help by offering up some suggestions. 

Message 14 of 101
latest reply

Welcome to the club, as I'm not selling anything either, and I currently have over 800+ listings. I've got people watching close to 100 listings right now, and no buyers.

While I would agree he probably needs to diversify the products he sells, this platform isn't doing well, and anyone who says different is either in denial, or just doesn't care.

ebay's ridiculous policies are what's really to blame, that and a junk economy where the bulk of money only flows between a handful of the nation's wealthiest people. The bulk of buyers here are dirt poor, constantly begging me to drop the price on a $10 game because they can't afford it otherwise. They have no money.

Meanwhile, ebay's CEO is so focused on turning a profit with fees, he's failed to realize that if sellers aren't making money, ebay probably isn't either.

The fact is, ebay's traffic is down the tubes, and their own analytics data proves that. The entire video games and DVD/Blu-Ray categories were down 10% for the month of May. ebay has no traffic, and they refuse to advertise. 

Message 15 of 101
latest reply