cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WATCHER NOTIFICATION ON LISTINGS

I have already complained to Ebay support about this but they obviously don't care or not enough people have complained. Maybe others don't even care!!??  But I am perturbed by the geeks at Ebay always changing things and the lastest is that the watcher count no longer appears in RED on our listings. We already have to wait until there are 5 watchers, before it even appears. Now, they have taken away the red type so that the alert is less obvious. WHY?? Isn't the purpose of showing the watcher amount to prompt buyers to making a decision to buy? Why then mute the prompt?? This goes for both the mobile and desktop versions of the site. Can we get more complaints, please??

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Most watchers are usually competitors anyway looking to see if something sells. 

I prefer buyers. 
Complain? What for? 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

My watcher count has never been in red, no matter how many watchers I've had.  Where are you seeing it in red?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Buyers don't care if anybody else is watching your item.  If they want it at the price you're asking, they'll buy it.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It no longer shows in red. Perhaps you missed it when it did.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Perhaps that is true for you. But I've had plenty of buyers as watchers, with them asking questions and eventually purchasing. And I still think seeing that others are watching is an incentive.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply