cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WATCH YOUR GALLERY PLUS FEES !!

Noticed my fees climbing fast and found $2.00 fees on 59 listings ($118) "Gallery Plus Fee"

Started happening on 2-1-2020 on my GTC listings when they rolled over.

Went to Bulk edit and removed from all listings scrolled to edit listing upgrades (have 860 listings)

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: WATCH YOUR GALLERY PLUS FEES !!

Did you check to see if your categories had been changed as well?

I've been charged a Gallery Fee when (somehow) a category change was made.
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

thanks but no it's all listings that auto listed from the 1st of February,not a cat change
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

deleted

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Tagging an ebay employee to see if this is a known issue.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

So you're saying your listings are in categories that charge a fee for Gallery Plus but that you have that unchecked, yet when they roll over with GTC they suddenly have the fee for Gallery Plus checked?

If I'm understanding correctly, that's what I'd call mildly disturbing to say the least.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Figured it out,i list most items in 2 catagories always have,because it only has cost .15 cent more,the gallery photo (PREchecked) used to say "Free gallery plus" now it says (still prechecked) "Gallery plus" and "it may cost more" instead of Free (when you post a new listing it will show a charge and you can uncheck the PREchecked box) but the GTC listings that used to say free that now say's may cost more are rolling over and charging $2.00.
I called CSR and they removed charges (they said to check my others so i wouldn't be charged,of course already fixed them.)
This has started February 1st according to the $2.00 charges never charged before this is new.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

I'm glad you got it figured out, but it seems to me that when something changes that will incur fees, there should be some way for renewing GTC listings to go into some kind of "pending renewal" section where a seller can review any changes and new charges to their listings, rather than just happily rolling over with fees being charged that weren't initially.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

If you go to the accounts tab and select seller account. This will pull up the page that shows current invoiced fee's. Then click on the fee tab to pull up all your fee's. Sort the fee's and it will show you the listings with upgrade fee's.

If a listing upgrade gets turned on a new listing the option will usually be turned on as part of the prefill for each new listing you create till it gets turned off. When creating listings when you are done it is a good practice to look at the fee's section just above the submit button. If it is anything above zero or a insertion fee, that is a good indication a upgrade got selected and the listing needs to be reviewed to make sure all unwanted upgrades are turned off.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

All well and good on new listings, but doesn't address the issue with GTC renewals where you don't get a chance to review the fees before it renews.
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Your right,so many great ideas in these discussions,they have improved compared to 2018 they did at least 30 things that (i tagged "sneaky change" in Technical Issues) this reminds me of a "sneaky change"
The missing photo on roll over that was a fiasco.
I need to pay attention and check these boards every day especially the tech board.
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

New listings showing new fee %100 fair game you really have to catch me sleeping to miss those.
Rollovers are a different story for new fees,like changing a residential speed limit without a sign and getting a ticket when your going 25 but they changed to 15 and the cop doesn't write you a warning well i got the warning fair enough they took them off.
I'm awake now
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

tyler@ebay 

Tagging an ebay employee to see if this is a known issue.

Thanks for the tag @carlqsportscards - I haven't seen this as a reported tech issue, or a billing change, so I'll get this escalated to see if there are any updates I can provide. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

This would be a good question for the Seller Town Hall Feb 2020.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Removing GALLERY PLUS on a listing that's running won't (I think) result in the fee not being charged.  You might want to check that out.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 15 of 20
latest reply