cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vero Abuse

I am beyond frustrated.  Listed some products by a company, they are 100% legit.  They reported it as a VERO violation.  I just took the product down not worth my time.  Well evidently I had another product that was up they now reported that one, so my account is shutdown for 3 days, I call for what I can do and am told email that company if they do not reply in 5 days they will step in.  That math does not work! so I am suspended before I even have a chance to protest with the company.  These companies should be sued for lying, they know it is there product, and they just lie. I am so angry.  This only hurts ebay as I will just never sell any products in the skincare family ever again because it is not worth this trouble.  If ebay wonders why instead of sales around $300,000 a year I am down to 150,000 it is because I am moving more and more items to my retail store as it is not worth the trouble.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Vero Abuse

@kristinalambert 

There are some companies that don't want their items sold here and they'll have your listings removed.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Vero Abuse

gjs_16
Guide

The more online sales have grown, the better my real world sales have gotten.

People actually want that experience, both those who are tired of the online thing and those who never really cared for it in the first place... And there aren't that many but there are fewer sellers and that means less competition, what I am finding.

No fees, work out any returns policy right on the spot, agree upon this and the price, exchange money and item, good and done.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Vero Abuse

If the rights owner reports a VERO violation to eBay, I believe eBay must remove the listing to avoid the possibility of becoming involved in any infringement litigation that might result.  I believe that in the event of a VERO takedown you would have to work things out between you and the rights owner.  I gather that you already questioned eBay regarding how to do that.

Frankly, if I had one item from a company pulled in a VERO takedown, I'd probably have pulled any other of their products I had listed as well.  It appears that by not doing that you got tagged with multiple violations which got you suspended.

Of course, not being privy to the details, I have no idea of whether or not there was any justification for the complaint by the rights owner so I cannot offer an opinion on that. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Vero Abuse

I am not sure what you sold but it may in fact be a perfectly legitimate item. The authenticity of an item is not the only reason things get tagged as VERO violations. Many of the companies that hold or patents or copyrights on products have exclusive dealership arrangements with the sellers of their products. Another big issue is counterfeit items a lot of which come out of China and Russia where they counterfeit and copy about anything you can think of. 

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/verified-rights-owner-program.html#m17-1-... 

While eBay is only the middle person in the transaction, it's the seller that is actually in violation, eBay simply chooses to not rake any risk that will cost them time and effort in a legal battle. The list of VERO program participants on eBay is exhaustive. 

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/verified-rights-owner-program.html#m17-1-... 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Vero Abuse

I used to watch a Youtuber covering this topic. vero companies bully the sellers with counterfeit ploy. If I remember correctly, they can also trouble you for using their trademark/patent term/logo.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Vero Abuse

Once an item is sold, that item is no longer "their" item. Pretty obvious. When these brand owners inhibit the resale of legally acquired items by abusing the Vero program, this is a blatant and obvious violation of  the law and the first sale doctrine. How these brands get away with violating people's rights like this just "out in the open" is beyond me.

It's also ridiculous how they can take down one's listings claiming that one is selling counterfeits even if they are not. I've had this issue, despite selling legitimate items. 

This is a broken system which allows brand owners and/or jealous buyers to take down one's listings and jepordize their account on a whim. 

The implications of all of this reveal how preposterous it all is. This implies that any brand-name item which you buy and/or legitimately acquire cannot be resold despite it being yours. Imagine buying a car and not being able to resell it because Ford owns the brand and can take down your listing on a whim. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Vero Abuse

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply