cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation Settings & GTC Question~

I will be going on vacation soon, first time since the all FP Good Till Cancelled started. Will listings that expire, while I am on vacation, auto relist but remain hidden? I am leaning towards ending everything instead, and relisting when I return. Any advice? Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What I do is look at what items will be relisting while I have the stores on vacation
If any are ending soon before I leave or just after I am leaving then I do end mine as I figure why let them roll over and waste a  week or 2 weeks while I am hiding them.
For me it's all in the timing . Not going to end ones that just rolled over if I am leaving now and gone for just a week then I lose  weeks of that listing so I let those keep running and don't end them.
They will roll over when hidden so look at your time frame and see what works best for you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@cascarole wrote: .... Will listings that expire, while I am on vacation, auto relist but remain hidden? ...

Yes, they will.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

What I do is look at what items will be relisting while I have the stores on vacation
If any are ending soon before I leave or just after I am leaving then I do end mine as I figure why let them roll over and waste a  week or 2 weeks while I am hiding them.
For me it's all in the timing . Not going to end ones that just rolled over if I am leaving now and gone for just a week then I lose  weeks of that listing so I let those keep running and don't end them.
They will roll over when hidden so look at your time frame and see what works best for you.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thank you! That's my plan! 🙂

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Oh yes and enjoy that vacation !

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

It not work as you expect since they have no option to select "Hide ALL ITEMS".

While I set the vacation setting, it was not done correctly and some buyers still placed order and they seems not know the shipping delay.

The CS told it takes 24 hours to turn on the vacation setting. ?????

They forced to ship the item tomorrow but I was not here from early morning tomorrow. That why I set the vacation setting.

eBay system glitch again.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

i change my handling time to cover any sales.. and adjust it as my return date gets closer..
last time i "hid" the listings, it took almost a week for them all to return back to active ....

Barb
i don't suffer from insanity ~~ i enjoy it ...
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Changing the handling time 2 weeks does not solve this issue.

Buyer still can see the item and miss the handling time and thinks to get anytime soon.

I've read some other seller's posting before. It has the same issue.

For you there is no issue but for us it has issue so eBay should have the option to hide the all products as before. Why eBay rid off the option is just want to show many items. If you want to show the items, you can select "keep the item to show as the buyer can purchase".

The issue is why eBay eliminated the "HIDE ALL PRODUCTS on the vacation" as the option.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@teenyteenyc wrote:

Changing the handling time 2 weeks does not solve this issue.

Buyer still can see the item and miss the handling time and thinks to get anytime soon.

I've read some other seller's posting before. It has the same issue.

For you there is no issue but for us it has issue so eBay should have the option to hide the all products as before. Why eBay rid off the option is just want to show many items. If you want to show the items, you can select "keep the item to show as the buyer can purchase".

The issue is why eBay eliminated the "HIDE ALL PRODUCTS on the vacation" as the option.

@teenyteenyc 

The feature to hide listings is not eliminated, the wording has just changed.  If you want to hide your listings put a check beside the box that says:

Keep people from buying your fixed price listings while you're on vacation. Your auction style listings will still run as scheduled.

It can take a few hours for them to be hidden, it won't happen immediately.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Choose the "Keep people from buying" option and no one will be able to purchase from you - EXCEPT anyone who has your item on their watch list.  I've only had that happen once and I was only going to be gone for a couple days, so it didn't cause any problems, but if you are going to be gone a while, that can get you a "late shipping" ding. 

I use the vacation settings a lot when I simply cannot ship within my one day handling time,  I have always had them shut down within seconds of my turning the settings on, and becoming available in search later within seconds of my turning the settings off.  Evidently this has not been true for everyone. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

Choose the "Keep people from buying" option and no one will be able to purchase from you - EXCEPT anyone who has your item on their watch list.  I've only had that happen once ...

That loophole was fixed a few years ago.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I set the vacation setting and force out my handling time.  I still check e bay at least once a day.  When a sale occurs I send the buyer a message reminding them I am away.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 12 of 12
latest reply