cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERY LONG Item Sold Email Delays

Is anybody else recently experiencing extremely long delays between when an item sells and when they get the email notification?  I just started noticing this yesterday.  Yesterday it would be 30 - 45 minutes delay and the sales last night were 3+ hours delay.  Previously, I would receive emails within a minute or so of the purchase.  It's not my system because I'm comparing the timestamp on the email with the sale time listed on the Manage Orders Awaiting Shipping page.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I too, am seeing a long delay to receive emails. I received an order this A.M. @ 7:30 and still haven't received the email Almost an hour later. This has been happening to me for several days now. I hope they resolve this soon because I like to process my orders as soon as they arrive so I can try to do same day shipping.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Same email delay seen with my sales.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Same here, noticed this yesterday. But when I create a shipping label, the shipping email arrives before the label comes out of the printer. Wonder why it is only sold item emails.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Hi, yes me too..

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Yes, getting them hours later.   Even worse on my phone alerts.  I had a sale at 5:30ish this AM.  Got the email at 9:47AM.  STILL don't have a notice on my phone at 12:37PM for that item.  

Something else sold at noon & no emails or alerts yet.   I was about to leave for the PO.   Thankfully hubby saw it on the Orders page & brought it up to me.  

It's not just the SOLD emails for me, I'm getting my LISTED emails, hours later too!  

jasmen@ebay  Do you have any idea what's going on with this? 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I bought an item. Paid for the item. He shipped the item. I just received the email letting me know the seller has made me an offer. It's only been 6 hours since I finished this order. WTH

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

There aren't any known issues on this @simply-the-best-for-you if it's still happening in 24 hours you'll want to reach out to CS so it's reported properly. Thanks! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@jevf1234 wrote:

I bought an item. Paid for the item. He shipped the item.

I just received the email letting me know the seller has made me an offer. It's only been 6 hours since I finished this order. WTH

It's still happening. Requested an offer, saw at the listing that the seller made the offer, accepted and paid.

4ahfiuhasdiuhfiuhasduifhuiadshfiuhsia4.jpg

Hours later, eBay sent the "Seller offered a special discount 10% on ..." email, documenting inside the offer that it was hours ago -- which means it's not an email server delay.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

It's still happening this morning for me too.  I refreshed my Manage Orders Waiting Shipping page and another purchase showed up, happening at 7:50am EST.  It is now 8:26am EST and I haven't received an eBay email about this yet.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Me, too.  Also, my feedbacks come in a bunch all at one time.  Strange. 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

That item I sold at 7:50 this morning still no email @ 8:58.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

10:47 - the eBay Item Sold email just came in for the item that was sold at 7:50 !  Three freakin' hours late!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I am not getting emails at all for the last three items I sold—all were within the last 2 weeks. I checked communication preferences and everything is still checked; I still get other eBay emails just not any of those related to a sold item.  When it sells, when they buyers pay….  Not even sure where to go with this problem

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Worse.  For the second time in the past month or so, I have sold an item and not only never received notice from eBay (nothing showing in my messages), but the latest that sold on 10/3 only showed up as awaiting shipment yesterday (10/16).  As a very long time seller (since 1998), I have rarely had any problems with eBay, other than the obvious crazy increases in fees (including fees on postage) and the lack of support for small sellers.  But of course, I'll get a demerit for late shipping and know there's not much point in trying to fight it.  Didn't used to be this way, but eBay is no longer the great venue it used to be.  Not even close.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply