cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the new eBay International Shipping program with Business Policies

So we're a medium to large seller (plenty of larger ones, but we're not tiny either), so we use Business Policies to manage our shipping settings, rather than picking them per listing.  When eBay launched the new International Shipping program, it sounded appealing since we already use the Global Shipping Program, but all the instructions are for sellers who use individual listing settings for shipping, and not Business Policies.  On the Policy settings for a Shipping Policy, we still only get the option for the Global Shipping Program, not the new International Shipping Program.  Are we able to switch, or are we at eBay's mercy waiting for them to enable that setting for Business Policies?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's my understanding that you have to wait for ebay to switch you but you can "apply" to be switched sooner. I'm not sure if there is a link where you can do that or if you have to contact cs.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I found this out by trial and error. Only works International standard shipping meaning under a pound.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It's my understanding that you have to wait for ebay to switch you but you can "apply" to be switched sooner. I'm not sure if there is a link where you can do that or if you have to contact cs.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks, I'll reach out to them!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I know this is marked already as Resolved, but wanted to add this about using the new eBay International Shipping when using business policies.

I got the email that I was in the program, but I didn't see the option to select it in my business policies under international shipping.

So I did some tests, and what worked for me was setting my business policy to "No international shipping"

When I updated my listings, they all now show eBay International Shipping when selecting a country outside the US.

TLDR: Remove International Shipping options in Business Policies. This will enable "eBay International Shipping" for your listings if you're in the program.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks, I'll give that a shot!  I thought we got a message that we were in, which is what confused me.  If not, it's easy enough to re-enable what we currently have.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply