cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Agreement Update...WOW!

This is a bit disturbing...one more way to generate revenue for Ebay...without Seller consent.

"We may automatically renew your fixed-price listings unless your listing sells out or you cancel your listing."

Yes folks it's true!

It's Ebay....so they CAN and DO make this stuff up!
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: User Agreement Update...WOW!

I'm just a retired guy without the money to pay for any type of automatic renewal. Are they seriously going to just rollover all 30 day listings without our consent? The E-mail they sent said the seller can cancel. How do i do that with 300-500 30 day items? Currently when the 30 day period is over, it goes to unsold, and then i decide if and when i want to relist it. i am not a business. i can't afford to pay insertion fees like that! What other options will there be. One of these comments said that the Ebay phone rep said we will have an option to turn down the auto relist. Am i interpreting that correctly? Help!  If anyone from Ebay is reading this who actually cares and can do something about it, this is a horrible idea.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

eBay keeps shooting itself in the foot over and over, last week it was the ill conceived guaranteed shipping program that they are pushing in a vain attempt to increase sales to compete with Amazon Prime, this week they are looking to extort automatic renewal fees.

Instead of coming up with programs that will actually make the company and sellers money like extending the time they keep sold items in the database so sellers can relist sold items quickly, they come up with lunatical programs that cause sellers to hate eBay even more.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@paigecoverdale wrote:

yah, what's up with that... all fixed price are now good till canceled...what a scam

Only if you use the new ultra-simple Quick listing form, which offers listing duration options for auctions but not for fixed price listings..

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 11.29.59 PM.png

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

That auto renewal option USED to be at the bottom of the listing page. I didn't use it, so I really didn't notice it wasn't there any more. I don't think it mattered if it was a fixed or auction with a buy it now.
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
Start at message 235, if you're not in the reading mood.

No kidding. There's a lot in the thread that can be bypassed.

I marked Alan's response this evening as the "solution" so if you start at post one you can click straight to his post. Then I'd scroll down a few responses to see his follow-up on how you can change from quick to advanced tool so you can avoid being opted in to GTC listings (and best offer, pre-selected shipping info, etc).

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Just making it more trickie dickie...may as well wallow thru quicksand.

May try selling again, but not for now....
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@paigecoverdale wrote:

yah, what's up with that... all fixed price are now good till canceled...what a scam

Only if you use the Quick LIsting Tool which (supposedly) with a store you can't.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@tonycea wrote:

eBay is giving itself the legal right to relist items without consent of the seller, this could lead to defects and lawsuits should they move on something like this.

@tonycea read my reply.in pwerseller reply on this

Message 23 of 23
latest reply