cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unprecedented Search Manipulation

120 Apple products. Watches, tablets etc. The hottest items on the planet. People wait in line for this stuff.

So I'm going along. 49 watchers, 2000 views, 37 watchers 1699 views etc. Bam Bam Bam Sale Sale Sale. That is until March 7th at 9:07pm.

Since that time my watchers have basically frozen with barely any activity. A sale here a sale there but nothing even close to what it was before that day. My auction with 49 watchers that was growing exponentially by the hour has not moved a hair since March 7th. It still sits at 49 watchers and the views are maybe 6 a day, if that.  6 days and not a single watcher has been added.

I've changed my titles. I'm even in their latest cash grab, the Promoted Listings program. It shows clicks, it shows impressions. So where are the sales???????

I don't know what this dysfunctional, obtuse company is doing but it needs to stop. I'm sitting on 40 thousand dollars in inventory and can't afford to putz around with ebay's latest search manipulation or casssini upgrade, or buyer improvements or whatever they are CHANGING THIS WEEK.

I read the thousands of horror stories weekly about poor sales but Apple! Not Apple. It just doesn't happen unless the platform you're using is jacking around AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.

Why don't they just close down already. Move to China. ebay has done every single thing in their power to crush and disrespect the very people that made them. I despise this company so much my teeth hurt.

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You are obviously being seen as you have 49 watchers.

Was this when you first listed it?

Many people, myself included search new and ending.  

I know the listings I put up get a lot of views at the beginning and the end but nothing in the middle.

Your thoughts should now be why none of the 49 lookers are pulling the trigger.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Same date, Same problem. Something stinks in denmark. Good Luck to you.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I feel bad for you, that is a lot of cash to tie up and not get a return on, but I know the feeling, you can't have that much inventory and survive off of 20 bucks a day on eBay.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Let me ask something - as I have several items too with 17+ watchers - but no one is pulling the plug and they roll off unsold. Has there been any changes with the notification bell? I'll be the first one to admit that I put a lot of items on watch - as I'm waiting to get paid - want to check out the item in a B&M to make sure it's what I want or to check fit and then forget to check my watch list.

The reason I remember I was looking at those items is because I get notification that the item is ending - the price has been lowered ect.  That's when I usually buy.

It's also unusual to have so many watchers for so long - usually someone snaps up an item or makes an offer if there are 6 or more watching it.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Tunica - I've noticed a change in my notification bell over the past 2-3 months, for sure. I only get notifications about 1/3 to 1/2 as often as I should. And I did check my settings - all are correct.

I don't know how much impact the bell has on peoples' purchases, but it definitely hasn't been working the way it normally does.

ETA: Plus there is there are at least a few threads about people having issues with followed search e-mails.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db

And now with this new homepage you cannot default it to show your feed when you log in.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

If you hate ebay so much why are you still using it?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@smenkveld wrote:

If you hate ebay so much why are you still using it?

Because he has $40K in unsold inventory- I share his frustration and hatred of the huge decline of this once promising site

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Originally I had about 20 apple watch auctions. All different items, condition, etc. I decided to condense them into 5 auctions with multiple variables as that's how a lot of the big players do it. I guess I stumbled upon Cassini's sweet spot at least for now because views, watchers and sales are back on again with a vengeance within 24 hours. The bottom one was listed less than an hour ago and is moving fast.  I am using promoted listings and it's working. Moral of the story. I have no idea. Will it work next week. Who knows. Glad to be back on track again for now.

Watchers                                                          Views       Left       Original

views.JPG

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

????? Tact?
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I save a daily snapshot of my listings with all info. That way I can compare day to day. It is rather confusing as to why things turn on and off the way they do. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

LOL, you found a sweet spot, Promoted listing Algo kicked in dude, eBay is manipulating the search results, they are tainted is all.........

What a sad company eBay has become, along the lines of Yahoo.......

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

"If you hate ebay so much why are you still using it?"

Why?  Because he can!!

Using ebay doesn't mean you forfeit your common sense and power of observation!  Using ebay doesn't mean you can't question the absolute stupidity employeed here!

Using ebay doesn't mean you can't pass on expeiences, good or bad, to others!

Using ebay doesn't mean you're confined to a herd mentality!

Using ebay doesn't mean just sell/buy.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

I am sure there are many more!  Question answered?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply