cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid Item

Hi, I'm new and just sold my first item on a bid. However, the buyer contacted me and told me he already bought the item from somewhere else and that I should just relist the item. Do I still open an unpaid item case or can i go ahead with the relist?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Unpaid Item

Cancel the sale as buyer requested and relist.  Report the buyer to eBay.

It would be better to open and close a UPI on this clown, but their likely to pay and then SNAD to force you to pay return shipping.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Unpaid Item

UPI... they deserve the strike and you get your fees back... they can't leave feedback for unpaid...so don't worry about that...

generally, stick to the UPI for all cases....show consistency in your selling...and fair is fair

once in a a while there is a few that maybe you cancel , etc.... but use that for the exception and always "costomer changed mind" for the reason.... you aren't dinged.... you'll get all sorts of reasons from a buyer, but almost all can be "changed mind".....

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Unpaid Item

Since the buyer contacted you, I would cancel at buyer's request and relist.  To me, the UPI's are for those who ignore you.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Unpaid Item

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could be just a telemarketer wanting your contact info, this is why I recommend people renting a post office box to sell their items from, that way it makes it hard for certain people.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Unpaid Item

Just cancel and relist.  Its not worth going through the hassle.   Best regards

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Unpaid Item

@Anonymous wrote:
Could be just a telemarketer wanting your contact info

That's an awfully convoluted way to get an extra tidbit of information on a seller just for telemarketing purposes. They'd have more luck spamming and wardialing in general than trying to get data that way. 

I would take that doofus at his word that he just found a better deal somewhere else and is now reneging on all his other commitments, including yours. Cancel as Buyer Requested, and be sure to add him to your blocked bidder list: 

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Unpaid Item

@danienguye-43

You could open UPI, tick off buyer, buyer pays, buyer gets item, buyer damages item, seller pays to have the damaged item returned, then seller gives buyer a full refund.

Save yourself the trouble and item, and cancel at buyers request.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Unpaid Item

Are you among the minority of sellers still using Auctions?

Over 80% of transactions are now Fixed Price.

You get 50 Free Fixed Price Listings every month.

And you can opt for Immediate Payment Required, which leaves your 30 day listing up until someone actually pays for it.

The 21st Century customer likes to see what she will pay and be able to buy it Right NOW.

Fixed Price also works well for the mobile shopper and for the impulse buyer.

If you know what you want to get for your doohickey, price it there and never have another non-paying buyer*.

*Okay, the last was hyperbole.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Unpaid Item

You can cancel with buyer requested, and you won't get a defect for doing so.

Do not relist until after you cancel.

Report the buyer.   

Add his id to your BBL, Blocked Bidder List.  

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Unpaid Item

@Anonymouswrote:
Could be just a telemarketer wanting your contact info, this is why I recommend people renting a post office box to sell their items from, that way it makes it hard for certain people.

?????????

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Unpaid Item

Anonymous
Not applicable
Makes me think of the millions of dollars people may have lost out on with fixing a price on very unique and scarce items. I still see ebay auctions going into the thousands of dollars on the same items I donated from my attic years ago to the thrift shops. Shudder.....!
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Unpaid Item

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, I meant this reply for if they canceled within the first hour or the seller cancels at the buyers request. High priced items have been stolen from residences, as well as mining contact info. In this case the bidder did not see any contact info.
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Unpaid Item

How do I go about canceling the item? I don't see this as an option.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Unpaid Item

From solds use the action drop down, cancel order
action drop down cancel.JPG

Next screen make sure to use buyer asked to cancel order

action drop down cancel 2.JPG

Message 15 of 19
latest reply