cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair feedback scoring system

I'm trying to reach out to all the sellers on eBay, who also think feedback scoring system is absolutely unfair to sellers and we should do something about.

For example, for the last 3 years, I had over 7000 transaction but only got about 3000 feedbacks. This is because, once the buyer is ok with his purchase, he wouldn't bother to leave positive feedback (that's why I'm short about 4000 feedbacks)

But once the buyer thinks something is wrong, he would run to write some nasty stuff in negative feedback (and 2 scores will be removed from your sellers's feedback score).

Isn't it time to do something??

What I suggest is, eBay must create a rule, if the buyer doesn't leave any feedback for 60 days, a seller automatically gets positive feedback.

If we all get together and demand it, I think eBay will have to change it.

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: Unfair feedback scoring system

I want to preface this by saying that I have been a loyal eBay seller for over 10 years. I just experience something so horrific regarding negative feedback that I can't believe it. Someone wanted some of their money back AFTER THEY RECEIVED THE ITEM. When I did not comply with their request, they left me negative feedback  - REALLY!!!!!!????? I have been on the phone with 3 different people at eBay for aver 1/2 hour, and they all say there is NOTHING they can do, because they did use the words I WILL LEAVE YOU NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IF YOU DO NOT DO WHAT I SAY. I am SOOOOOOOO tired of protecting my feedback and trying to have great feedback, as it is nearly impossible to do anymore, as eBay will not step in to help. I think Feedback should be PERMANANTELY removed completely, since there is no fair playing field anymore. 

I am asking others to join me in this boycott - I will NEVER leave positive feedback for anyone EVER AGAIN! Even if I receive excellent service and am happy with my purchase, I will ALWAYS leave negative feedback, until eBay wakes up and does something about it. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE JOIN ME IN THIS, SO SOMETHING WILL BE DONE!!!!!! If NONE of us have great feedback, this levels the playing field.

Message 31 of 45
latest reply

So let me get this straight. You are mad at Ebay so you are going to damage sellers who have treated you well and sent you the items you bought? Sellers who had nothing to do with your bad transaction OR any control over Ebay's behavior.

Is that what you're saying? You want perfectly good innocent sellers to possibly lose their livelihood because you are in a snit? Wow.

Message 32 of 45
latest reply

There's a bit more, this seller got, what they feel is unfair feedback, so they are going to neg other sellers to make it an even playing field, despite getting great service.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 33 of 45
latest reply

THAT'S A HUGE ISSUE.
MY LAST BUYERS LEFT ME BAD FEEDBACK BECAUSE SHE WAS **bleep** SHE SPENT THE MONEY
Message 34 of 45
latest reply

With all that ranting in your ad I'm surprised you got a buyer at all.

Was it rose gold?

Message 35 of 45
latest reply

I'm also confused about your ad as well.  You say Iphone 6, "Latest Model"....but technically there has been 2 releases since the 6.  So either it's a 6S or the SE?

Also since you didn't show the back of the phone that's going to lead to some confusion as well.  I'm sorry you got a negative.  If you sent her the rose gold then you just have to think of it as some people are difficult to please.

If you didn't send the rose gold, well, it was a negative they had a right to leave.

-Kelly
Message 36 of 45
latest reply

Just a tip for jennyanne85 free gifts have been known to bite people in the donkeybum. Also, I don't know about tossing hints like "some people have gotten gift cards."

You go to great lengths to warn off scammers, then sound a,little scummy yourself.

Enthusiasm for your item is great, fun to read, just don't oversell your item. If you sent what you stated, call eBay and talk to CS. They may or may not remove it, it's kind of the luck of the draw.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 37 of 45
latest reply

Here's my two cents jenny ...
Message 38 of 45
latest reply

Year old zombie thread.... many year old topic

Message 39 of 45
latest reply

The seller hater revenge post needed to be addressed.

Message 40 of 45
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth

LOL snort, snicker.....

When the big guy said "vengance is MINE, sayeth the lord"   I am thinking cool..... you handle that end dude....

I know not to go out of my pay grade..... I will just watch karma, work her magic

Message 41 of 45
latest reply

I think there needs to be more room to make a comment on the Feedback. I don't like the 5 Star rating System. Simply put, there is always room for improvement. Feeling pressured to leave 5 Stars is just plain wrong. 

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

NECRO THREAD from July 2015

@heidi@ebay 

@@alan@ebay 

@Anonymous ~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 43 of 45
latest reply

I have just learned that when EBay is involved with a case between a Buyer and Seller, they don't even review the Seller's Feedback. I have been told by Ebay representative "JAMES" that they don't care about Seller's Feedback only take the word of the Buyer. WHY HAVE A FEEDBACK on sales. Appears to me to be a FASCADE by Ebay. Sellers are not allowed to put NEGATIVE FEEDBACK against BUYERS. Seems that those who pay the fees to Ebay, which generates their revenue are not important to Ebay. THEY WANT TO CREATE ONLY A POSITIVE FEEL FOR BUYERS, Protect BUYERS, and ACCEPT ALL BUYER CLAIMS, no matter what the reality is.

I suggest to all SELLERS to no longer provide feedback at all on Buyers, and Suggest the BUYERS no longer provide feedback on Sellers, there is no relevance as EBAY ITSELF DOESN'T CARE OR USE FEEDBACK concerning their clients, as long as they take money from Sellers, and no NEGATIVE IS ALLOWED they are happy.
Message 44 of 45
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 45 of 45
latest reply