cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add video to listing

I’ve had the option for quite a while, so I decided to take the effort to make the video…. And now it won’t upload. It’s under the 150mb limit, but spins forever and ultimately says, “video upload failed”.

So is the functionality not available, and I just completely wasted my time?!

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Unable to add video to listing

Thank you..... this is exactly the problem. I've been pulling my hair out with it for days, read this and is exactly what is wrong. Tried all those file variations on single listings and it uploaded immediately.... thank you

Message 16 of 48
latest reply

I have Listing with 159 Variations. It's not possible to do. Please provide me with the best solution on how can I upload videos to 159 products step by step.

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

I got same issue, but it seems it only happens with variations listing for me. I can upload videos to single listing 

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

@adadamore 

From ebay's rules. Please note the last one:

Video Format Requirements:
The maximum supported video size is 150 MB
The maximum upload resolution is 1080p
Supported output resolutions are 240p, 360p, 480p, and 720p
MP4 file types- MPEG-4 Part 10 or Advanced Video Coding (MPEG-4 AVC)
Providing links to YouTube or other video platforms is not supported
Listings with variations do not support videos

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

Thanks a lot! 

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

Same here, can't get them to load. 

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

Would you be willing to share info about the video files you up load. File type, resolution etc.? It may of some help for those struggling 

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

@motortown_inc 

here are ebay's video rules, hopefully this will help:

Video Format Requirements:
The maximum supported video size is 150 MB
The maximum upload resolution is 1080p
Supported output resolutions are 240p, 360p, 480p, and 720p
MP4 file types- MPEG-4 Part 10 or Advanced Video Coding (MPEG-4 AVC)
Providing links to YouTube or other video platforms is not supported
Listings with variations do not support videos

I will add I posted one recently. It got hung up at 79%. Nothing wrong with the video, but my ISP can be slow on uploading, and I suspect it might have timed out. I ended the effort, and retried it and it loaded within a few minutes. 

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

This has to be an issue on eBay's end. I've been uploading videos for weeks successfully until today. Out of a half dozen listings, they all have videos, and two keep failing. I retake the videos and still no success. I've done dozens of videos prior without issue.

It's not my files, and it's not about meeting the parameters. Ebay rolls out updates that don't work properly. I would like to think it's because it's the busy season, and there is lots of demand on their servers, but who knows?

I'll try again tomorrow. Fortunately for me, I do not rely on eBay to make a living. My sympathies to those of you who do.

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

I am having issues with uploading videos today too. I've used it without issue in the past.

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

Same here..issues as of today no able to upload a video 😞

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

Update, 12/16/22

Called eBay and described the issue. Talked to a tech, and they suggested my video resolution was too high, so I took the next video in the lowest resolution on my phone, HD 30 (30 frames per second), and the problem continues. They, of course, did not once admit it could be an issue on their end. For now, I'm just going to take lots of pictures and keep checking in the hopes that in the background, they realize their new video feature is bugged and are fixing it. I'll post another updated if by some miracle is starts working again. Good luck!

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

Having the same issue. I upload 40+ videos every week and now for the last two days every upload fails. It is definitely an eBay issue. 

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

I’m having the same issue, works sometimes… sometimes NOT. Right now it’s not working, it’s their issue on Friday 12/16/22 at 10:52 am…

I’ll try later. EBay needs to fix the issue.

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

We are also unable to upload any videos at the moment 

Message 30 of 48
latest reply