cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS delays causing negative feedback. eBay automatically rejects request to have feedback removed.

I  had a package get delayed by USPS.  Customer notified me, so I offered a refund, replacement, or to have them wait and let me know if it shows up.  They decided to wait.  I also opened up a case with USPS, which I did not have to do.  Next thing you know, bam - negative feedback from buyer.  This is completely out of my control, which is that actual reason feedback review requests exist.  I submitted a request to have the feedback reviewed, and it was immediately denied.  No one reviewed this.  eBay is a dishonest, spineless company that does not support its sellers.  

I have been a seller for 8 years, paying eBay store fees, too.  I have never gotten an issue resolved by contacting eBay.  Not once in 8 years.

When I talked to a customer service rep on the phone, her only job was to get rid of me.  Try asking for a supervisor.  eBay has no supervisors.  And it shows.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: USPS delays causing negative feedback. eBay automatically rejects request to have feedback remo

@hawkeyesales12   Contact CS on social media.  I know that others have had better luck there with getting feedback removed.  The agents are also more experienced on social media.

Contact customer service by sending a private message on social media. You leave a message and an eBay employee will get back to you as soon as possible. To speed things up you can leave your registered account information in the PRIVATE message: Full name, address, phone number, email address, user ID, and a brief explanation of your problem.

They may take a few days to get back to you 
https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: USPS delays causing negative feedback. eBay automatically rejects request to have feedback remo

@hawkeyesales12   That's ridiculous ... you need to post this on today's Weekly Chat at 4 PM EST ... Discussion tab - Inside eBay - Weekly Chat.  It runs for 1 hour and is supported by eBay Employees. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I think as far as eBay is concerned, the case is closed.  It is ridiculous, and it's business as usual for eBay.  They really need to support their sellers better.  Or at all.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@hawkeyesales12   Contact CS on social media.  I know that others have had better luck there with getting feedback removed.  The agents are also more experienced on social media.

Contact customer service by sending a private message on social media. You leave a message and an eBay employee will get back to you as soon as possible. To speed things up you can leave your registered account information in the PRIVATE message: Full name, address, phone number, email address, user ID, and a brief explanation of your problem.

They may take a few days to get back to you 
https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I also want to say, with the USPS delays that have been growing over the past few months, eBay needs to automatically remove negative feedback for postal delays, if the seller shipped on time.  This would make sense and is the right/responsible thing to do.  Even if I cannot make the chat today, someone needs to bring this up.  This affects more than one seller.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Tried that.  No response.  Just frustrated and wanting to give up now.  Does anyone recommend alternate selling sites, other than Amazon?  I am fiercely loyal....until I get screwed.  Then it's over.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

That is absolutely absurd that happened to you.  Awhile back ebay sent us a e-mail message that "they had our backs" with regards to USPS mail delays. That really made me laugh as Ebay has never had the sellers back.  The management of this company collect their big paychecks and absolutely do nothing .  The last CEO almost drove the company into the ground and was rewarded with a 40 million dollar severance paycheck.  Now we have walmart employees running the company who were former ebay employees.  

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Ebay stated in an announcement Sept 28th,  that they were no longer 'fixing' feedback or have 'our backs' on shipping delays as 'shipping delays have been fixed' (according to ebay)

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-pausing-late-delivery-protections-as-carrier-perfo...

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for sharing that and highlighting how fake eBay seller support really is.  I just want eBay to treat its sellers with the same priority we treat our customers.   I don't think that is too much to ask, but obviously, it is.

With the election and mail bundles ended up getting burnt in dumpsters or dumped in ditches, I worry about shipments getting lost or delayed.  I can't afford to use UPS or FedEx.  I provide free shipping and get no thanks for it.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Follow the rules and get punished for it.

Someone else messes up? Ebay sellers get punished for it.

Ask for help from Ebay: deaf ears, check.  

Beyond your control?  Too bad, seller.   Now why does that sound familiar? 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

This is so unfair that any seller should receive negative feedback because packages are delayed by USPS due to their ongoing issues.

Sellers do not have any control over when their packages will be delivered once they hand it over to USPS or some other carrier. To allow buyers to leave negative feedback for sellers for something like this is unfair.

Just saying that the USPS no longer has issues with delivering packages don't make it true especially when the problem persists.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Update - I did receive a response from AmyH via Facebook, after two page posts and multiple direct messages from me. This person looked it up in about 2 minutes, told me it was fixed, and to wait about 12 hours for it to show up that way.  I am cautiously optimistic.  If it works, AmyH should be promoted, and the other individuals should be retrained.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Many eBay sellers are using Instagram and Facebook Market place. I hate FakeBook so that is not a option for me

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

WHAT A BUNCH OF HOO HAW!! Get those negs removed Ebay. The whole world is having late packages even with the other carriers. I had a fed ex express 2 day come in late the other day. Get used to it people buying. The world is in crisis.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply