cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS International vs. Global Shipping Program

I'm currently using the USPS for all of my international orders; I have used the Global Shipping Program and have found that logistically it works great...but it is so expensive that I saw international orders derease substantially as a result.  So i went back to the USPS.

I'm not terribly worried about my orders going to Canada, France, the UK, Australia, Germany, etc.  But I do worry about some of my orders going to lesser developed countries as my percentage of issues when shipping internationally is much higher in those going to Chile then Canada.

Is it possible, and how do I go about doing it if so, to hypothetically choose 20 countries that I will ship to using the USPS and all others not on that list go via Global Shipping?  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: USPS International vs. Global Shipping Program

We had to go to USPS also.  The global shipping program is just to expensive for normal folks.   Our international sales doubled when we switched to USPS.  Best regards

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi:

Right below where you put in the dimensions of the box you are going to be using. There is a "Exclude Shipping Location." I use this because I don't ship to most south american countries and Mexico. Not sure if you know this but USPS insurance is not good once the item leaves our boarders. Good Luck

Paul

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I just had a buyer in Mexico open an INR case for an $85 item with $45 worth of postage "In transit" in Mexico since late February. Had no idea until just now that it had not been delivered. My only realistic hope is that it gets returned to me for some reason as I will probably have to eat that $130 loss as the prospects of it being delivered are minimal at this point.

The GSP would be great for instances like this but it is prohibitively expensive so it hurts international sales...the majority of mine go to Canada, UK, Australia. Countries where I feel the GSP isn't really needed and the cost would hurt sales.

It would be great if I could ship USPS to more developed countries but require the GSP for those that I think are more risky.

Hopefully someone with more insight then I have can tell me A) if it is possible and B) assuming so how to set it up.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply