cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

What customer service?

There is no customer serivce,  i cant get to any person to resolve a self made problem of

ebay.

It's like trying to talk to a dead duck.

NO RESPONSE

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

What exactly is the problem?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

NO RESPONSE

No dead ducks in this area, but you have to describe the problem before you can get a reaction.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

@barzzini-hk wrote:

What customer service?

NO RESPONSE

You usually don't get a response either trying to talk to a live duck.

But hey, if it's a roast duck ... now you're talking!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

Customer service is right here.  Grab a chair, sit down, and tell us your problem.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

You need to know that Ebay customer service is not Ebay.  They are 3rd party contractor firms hired to answer the phones and give stock/script answers.

You haven't talked to Ebay about your problem until you've battled your way past the customer service rep and actually been transferred to a department to help you.

This needs to be better known information for newbies. This is a blog board, not the place where they should go after talking to CS.  They need to be redirected.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

Thanks for your messages but nothing works and ebay will not help.

They will only support Chinese speakers if a non chinese is trying to set up from Hong Kong.

You cant fight discrimination and its totally useless.

Even the account log in didnt work after a sign out and had to reregister for the account 

which still will not wotk unless your chinese.

Best is accept ebays middle finger and give up

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

@kbrinternationalhk, I assume that this is your new account, now that the OP's account @barzzini-hk is in the process of being closed?

The language eBay uses is decided by which eBay website your account was registered on . The only way to change this is by changing the registration website. Your barzzini account was registered in Hong Kong, so the language is Chinese. If you want to use English, you have to registered on an eBay site that uses English, like the USA for your rajbudhran account.

If its a brand new account, then registering a new one is the easiest way to solve the problem.

Otherwise, you can change the registered address to an address in the country where you want to be registered. Then call customer service there, and ask them to change your registration website to their website.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

@barzzini-hk wrote:

What customer service?

There is no customer serivce,  i cant get to any person to resolve a self made problem of

ebay.

NO RESPONSE

Call after 10 AM PST when it is most likely a call center in the US.

And if you get someone who seems to be clueless, say thank you, hang up and call back until you can get someone who can understand and deal with your problem.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

Protect your business best you can.   best of luck

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

"What customer service?
There is no customer serivce,"

Duuh..........ck!!

Of course no CS.  This board, or more specifically, the ebay mouthpieces who pop in every now and then, are all too happy to declare this board, or at least their part of it, as being a non-dedicated customer service channel.  Oh, every once in a while they'll fake it.  And try to get an avenue to an actual, specific, dedicated customer service channel from any of the blowhards!!  HA!! They've been trained not to spill the beans....

Yes.  Your best bet is to post your issue here.  Then, spend your time sorting through the advice, and find what works best for you.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

I have the same problem. There is NO help. Horrible customer service. I called customer service and inquired why I have a "permanent restriction" on my seller account when I have 100% feedback... (not even 99.9% feedback but 100% feedback and have been a seller since 2004), and was given NO information. Only told that's not what they look at.

I said this process seems very automated and seems like it was a mistake after 2 buyers claimed they didn't recieve the item or received the wrong item (both, I SWEAR were fraudlent cases to get a free item). I disputed both cases, and won 1 of them. But eBay always takes the buyer's side, so that was a miracle.

I told her I didn't think a human made this restriction, but it seemed very automated. She gave no help, no insight, just told me I'm not welcome to use eBay anymore and I have to sell using a different venue. I told her that's completely unfair, I have a perfect account. Then she told me "well this is exactly the kind of attitude we don't want on eBay". What the heck kind of customer service is this?! Amazon and Shopify would never treat their users like this! Ok rant over. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

I have the same issue..tried to resolve a problem for over a month with "customer service".  I had gotten an email about working outside EBay..called and they said.  Don't worry we just send these messages out???    I was in the process of moving so I had quite a few items to sell large items    I called eBay to give them my new information new email etc.  when I tried to call PayPal they said I was Nabel to make any changes I couldn't do it online so they said everything have to go through eBay 

A payment appeared in my PayPal account but it wasn't clear the woman came to my home and picked up two different items of furniture and told me that she sent the payment 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE

@mlisci wrote:

I have the same issue..tried to resolve a problem for over a month with "customer service".  I had gotten an email about working outside EBay..called and they said.  Don't worry we just send these messages out???    I was in the process of moving so I had quite a few items to sell large items    I called eBay to give them my new information new email etc.  when I tried to call PayPal they said I was Nabel to make any changes I couldn't do it online so they said everything have to go through eBay 

A payment appeared in my PayPal account but it wasn't clear the woman came to my home and picked up two different items of furniture and told me that she sent the payment 

Customer service cant help you with that. You should have accepted cash upon pickup.You should have logged into paypal and verified her payment had cleared before she picked up the items. If her payment has cleared but funds are pending, you have to wait the full 21days.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 15 of 19
latest reply