cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US seller can't login into UK ebay account

I've hired someone from the US to login into my uk ebay account, but she can't login at all and she's uploading some items to sell for me on my uk ebay acc, but for some stupid reason she isn't able to login from the U.S?

There better be a solution to this as i need her to be able to login, my account so she can list the items, i bloody hope ebay haven't restricted this as thats beyond stupid!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@elexionexonusavalon1 wrote:

There better be a solution to this as i need her to be able to login, my account so she can list the items, i bloody hope ebay haven't restricted this as thats beyond stupid!

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Was that meant to be a response to this, or what as you haven't even offered a solution??

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

This may be way too obvious & you've already eliminated the possibility...but:

If your UK account is at ebay.co.uk  perhaps she's been trying to sign in thru the US site ebay.com where you don't have an account...or the other way round if you set up your account initially on the US site

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@yankeebob1951 wrote:

If your UK account is at ebay.co.uk  perhaps she's been trying to sign in thru the US site ebay.com where you don't have an account...or the other way round if you set up your account initially on the US site

If you have an eBay account on ANY eBay site you should be able to log-in to ANY eBay site.

Certainly I can sign in with this id to any eBay site, .com, .ca, .co.uk, .de etc. using the same user name and password.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Maybe because your employee is in a different country?
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@elexionexonusavalon1 

What exactly happens when the user in the US tries to sign in?

As a US user, I am able to sign in to ebay.com and ebay.co.uk with the same username and password, and see all my lists of items on either site. I have not tried to check out on ebay.co.uk -- I believe each site has its own independent cart.

It is possible that eBay watches for simultaneous sign ins to the same account from different continents -- that might be a considered a warning sign of a potential hacked account. I do not know for certain if eBay actually checks for that or does anything about it. If you think that might be the issue, you might have to give eBay a call and see if there is a way to make sure that those sign ins are not considered suspicious.

I assume you have double checked to make sure that the US user has the proper username and password.

Just in case the problem is with the sign in page itself, here are two alternate sign in pages for the US and UK, respectively, for your US user to try:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

https://signin.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

As a US user, I am able to sign in to ebay.com and ebay.co.uk with the same username and password, and see all my lists of items on either site. I have not tried to check out on ebay.co.uk -- I believe each site has its own independent cart.

What are your thoughts on an IP address being an issue when trying to sign into someone else's account--from a different country? Would anything like that present a problem? We can all sign into our own accounts on any eBay site,so that doesn't really replicate the OP's issue, but what about signing into other people's accounts?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I feel disinclined to help here, but will say

it may be simultaneous multi continent IP related issues for security reasons, or might be normal signin issues. Impossible to speculate based on no useful provided info. If the former, there is no solution unless an exemption can be implemented by eBay through CS which is unlikely - this scenario is really an edge case, and eBay likely has no provision for exceptions once the dials on the security algorithms are set (in theory they could have account level control but I'd guess chose to not code for it)
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@pburn 

What are your thoughts on an IP address being an issue when trying to sign into someone else's account--from a different country? Would anything like that present a problem?

I can only speculate. People do travel around, so a sign in from a new IP address by itself is not especially suspicious. But repeated simultaneous sign in (or attempts) from different continents would be more of a red flag.

If the US user is trying to use a VPN, that would also be suspicious.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Thanks jimmy...I thought that was so, but just because I hadn't before I tried to sign into the UK site (I'm in US) before I posted & couldn't...now I can...maybe one of those weird temp glitch things & maybe something on my end...sorry to confuse the issue & thanks for your clarification.

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@yankeebob1951 wrote:

If you have an eBay account on ANY eBay site you should be able to log-in to ANY eBay site.

Certainly I can sign in with this id to any eBay site, .com, .ca, .co.uk, .de etc. using the same user name and password.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I'm often unable to log into eBay France, eBay UK, etc.   If I try, it acts like I'm a new account and does not show any record of my current account when I try to log in.  It's a pain, because I do sometimes look at items on those sites and ask sellers if they would be willing to sell to the United States.  But I have to do this circuitous dance to be able to contact the seller or even save items on eBay UK etc to my watch list. 

I don't know why it's like that, I feel like it didn't used to be?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I'm in the UK, and a few months ago I visited the US, while I was there I tried to sign into my ebay UK account but I couldn't. It will probably have something to do with online security because I was trying to sign in from another country and continent ...

Message 14 of 14
latest reply