cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNSOLD LISTINGS

Why do I have listings being removed and sent to the unsold section.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: UNSOLD LISTINGS

agree with mam98031. Item has most likely timed out. You will need to relist them like everybody else. I will be doing that this Satrday.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

How old are they without a sale?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

agree with mam98031. Item has most likely timed out. You will need to relist them like everybody else. I will be doing that this Satrday.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

correction, next Saturday 4/1/2023.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

So, the list until cancelled is no longer the case. My listings were 7 to 10 months long. Thanks for the info people.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

When a listing gets really old, it becomes stale.  It is in the seller's best interest to update those listings or close and relist them.

For me, every few months I go through and do a bulk edit on all my listings.  I change something so that it refreshes my listings and it will reindex in Ebay about 24 hours after the edit.  If I change something that I really preferred the way I had it, like my return policy.  I just wait 24-48 hours and change it back.  I find this to be the easiest way to refresh listings.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

I sell very long tail items and used to get a notice from eBay after 16 months.
Then I would close the listing for a few days or weeks and relist as Sell Similar, hoping to get a little boost in Search as a new listing.

I haven't seen the 16 month warning in  while.

BTW, a week or so ago, I sold a book that had been in stock since 2004. I was selling on consignment for a friend who has since died, and I don't have a forwarding address for his husband. 

Give those Unsold items a rest, review and update them, then relist.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

If you keep changing your listings, that is why they don't show up as stale to Ebay.  It is why it is rare for me to get one taken down too and I've got some old listings.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I manually end FP listings a few hours before they auto-relist. Then I relist as "sell similar."

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

I manually end FP listings a few hours before they auto-relist. Then I relist as "sell similar."

The problem with doing that for me is that you lose your Watchers if you have any by doing a Sell Similar.  I find it much better to revise the listing in some way so that I don't lose the watchers and it causes it to reindex.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

If you keep changing your listings, that is why they don't show up as stale to Ebay.  It is why it is rare for me to get one taken down too and I've got some old listings.

This seems likely, I have similar items, some of them have been listed since March 2019 when GTC became the standard. I "regularly" make bulk changes to all my running listings, generally very minor changes such as changing the boiler plate text in the description and or a shipping adjustment. I can't remember the last time eBay ended a "stale" listing.

I do still see Out Of Stock listings ended if they have been OOS for more than 6 months.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Thanks to all for the tips. 😃

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

This seems likely, I have similar items, some of them have been listed since March 2019 when GTC became the standard. I "regularly" make bulk changes to all my running listings, generally very minor changes such as changing the boiler plate text in the description and or a shipping adjustment. I can't remember the last time eBay ended a "stale" listing.

I do still see Out Of Stock listings ended if they have been OOS for more than 6 months.

That is just part of how the OOS option works.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

👍

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

That is just part of how the OOS option works.

Well of course that's how it works but it would seem that the old "16 months of no/minimal activity and we end it" policy no longer does.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply