cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Lister Replacement......special 6 Bit program

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2020/02/18/ebay-offers-sellers-an-alternative-to-turbo-lister/

I presume this is the replacement plan.......

Have to say that Better Half has used 6bit forever and since their cheapest program can be used on 2 computers, we got it installed on mine. I had used TL for years.  I would NEVER go back to TL.  It's taken about a wk to get comfortable with it, but no more blood pressure spikes, cussing about slowness, crashes etc.  All on one page, albeit lots of drop downs and not obvious (to me) boxes to fill out, but quite quick once I figured it out......

As is pointed out the 6bit guy has quite a history with ebay, lol. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Turbo Lister Replacement......special 6 Bit program

lol..........no one interested in TL anymore?

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Not at all - my whole eBay world revolves around Turbo Lister.

First - the topic is a bit premature because the product is not available - or even mentioned, as far as I can tell - on the SixBit website.

Second, the title "eBay Offers Sellers an Alternative to Turbo Lister" is misleading. eBay is not offering anything; SixBit is. And it is not a replacement for Turbo Lister because Turbo Lister is free and this one will cost around $180 a year to use.

So the article really doesn't offer a whole lot to discuss.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Hmmmm, interesting.  I wonder if the old Blackthorne and SAPro will still work?  I may have to dig out the copies of those.  Oh, yeah and may be able to find Annihilator, too

When Blackthorne first came out, one could get it for a monthly fee, or $200.00, forever, including updates.  I took the $200 deal and then ebay bought it up and started charging monthly.  ebay was generous, though and took into consideration the $200 previously paid.

Blackthorne was a GREAT program, though.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

First - the topic is a bit premature because the product is not available - or even mentioned, as far as I can tell - on the SixBit website.

Second, the title "eBay Offers Sellers an Alternative to Turbo Lister" is misleading. eBay is not offering anything; SixBit is. And it is not a replacement for Turbo Lister because Turbo Lister is free and this one will cost around $180 a year to use.

Certainly hasn't been announced by ebay, but this sure sounds pretty definitive...

SixBit Software founder John Slocum confirmed that he has been working with eBay to provide a preferred solution for Turbo Lister, which is a desktop tool that allows sellers to manage their listings offline at no extra cost.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I wonder if the old Blackthorne and SAPro will still work?

Ahh....I used SAPro and Blackthorne as well.  Nope.  Blackthorne didn't work for me.  I thought I could copy/paste the descriptions into Seller Hub, but that wasn't happening. The program is still on my computer, but my computer stopped working and won't even boot up.

For my listings, I use SELL SIMILAR and simply change what needs to be changed.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

It does when you read eBay's response on todays chat.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

yep.........from today's chat:

@use_bay wrote:

Hi community team!

ECB apparently scooped the story about eBay's Turbo Lister replacement - a special discounted $14.99/mo subscription for Turbo Lister offer for SixBit's software tool.

If I'm reading this correctly, it seems a significant departure from eBay's long-promised TurboLister functionality built into Seller Hub.

When can sellers expect to see eBay's official announcement on this?

Hi @use_bay - Current TurboLister users are being communicated with directly in phases, there are no plans for a wider announcement as the number of impacted members is minimal. Thanks!

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I found the article earlier today, and the download is now available, as well as the signup area in Sixbit.

I used the previously cheapest version that was $19.99/mo - and while it was a little bit of a learning curve from Turbo Lister, it's similar - and you can easily master it within a few days or a week's time. This seems like perhaps the best we could have hoped for with the retirement of Turbo Lister. A workable alternative that is similar, stable, and while it's not free - it is reasonably priced.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@wvdisney wrote:
I found the article earlier today, and the download is now available, as well as the signup area in Sixbit.

I used the previously cheapest version that was $19.99/mo - and while it was a little bit of a learning curve from Turbo Lister, it's similar - and you can easily master it within a few days or a week's time. This seems like perhaps the best we could have hoped for with the retirement of Turbo Lister. A workable alternative that is similar, stable, and while it's not free - it is reasonably priced.

But it is not what Ebay promised us for the last 2 years!!

It will be just one more fee Ebay has cause many sellers to absorb.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I don't believe ebay ever promised the replacement would be free and in fact at least some TL users stated they would be glad to pay for the program......with upgrades including speed.  

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Hmmmm, interesting.  I wonder if the old Blackthorne and SAPro will still work?  I may have to dig out the copies of those.  Oh, yeah and may be able to find Annihilator, too

When Blackthorne first came out, one could get it for a monthly fee, or $200.00, forever, including updates.  I took the $200 deal and then ebay bought it up and started charging monthly.  ebay was generous, though and took into consideration the $200 previously paid.

Blackthorne was a GREAT program, though.

They should still work although I haven't tried either since I upgraded from Win7 to Win10.

You would need to do a few tweaks to get rid of the pesky error messages that it has failed to connect to eBay.

Of course neither program will communicate with eBay so it's a bit useless. You can export csv files and then use those to upload to eBay via File Exchange but you will have some massaging to do because many things (Category numbers, Item Specifics, new fields etc.) have changed a lot since 2012.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Not really too much of a problem with the error messages.  It is a matter of not taking/looking for the token or trying to update it.  Skipping that step leaves the rest of the program freed up - at least the SAPro.  Been a while since I've been in Blackthorne itself.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I don't believe ebay ever promised the replacement would be free and in fact at least some TL users stated they would be glad to pay for the program......with upgrades including speed.  

They said the features of Turbo Lister would be available in the seller hub. 

In fact the reason they reversed course in 2017 and did not kill Turbo Lister was because "the Turbo Lister features you rely on are not yet available in Seller Hub."

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

@luckythewinner 

https://www.sixbitsoftware.com/tllanding/

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 18
latest reply