cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic Metrics

Anyone else expeirencing page views, click thru, Etc. All Down In The Red??, What Is Going On??

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Traffic Metrics

Yep. eBay is like the final days of Sears. Used to be cool.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

A mix of red and green for me...looks about normal from my vantage point.

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Mine tells me my views are down but my sales are up.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Watch two Youtube videos by Ebay sellers:  Josh Galt and Hayfros.

To find Josh Galt, just put his name in Youtube search, select live shows (not live chat, but "live", and its last show, from yesterday: "How Ebay Search Works".

For Hayfros, just select his latest video. 

The information may completely revolutionize your re-selling strategy.  

But, also realize Q3 earnings call is coming shortly, so I would recommend closely evaluating Q3 results.  

If Q3 is severely depressed in all measurables, does current Ebay strategy continue, "in for a penny, in for a pound" or do they revert back to previous mode of operation.

There's a lot of changes going on: you don't want to be in a situation where you completely pivot, only to have Ebay revert or change it's strategy.  

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Typical up and down cycles for me. About the only thing I pay any attention to these days are actual sales which also bounce all over the place. 

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

3 out of 4 red. bad 30 days. Hopefully it picks up in October.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Really nothing is going on, in or out, but everything else is going up.

The Fed policy right now is to deprive people of cash, and this is the result, poverty is not good for any business.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Ebay is 1 Million sellers down from 12 months ago...... there are multiple things going on here.

1. Ebay is filtering search results even if you pay to promote.... they call it "Best listing selection"  what it really means if the listings that make the most money for ebay.   As an experiment I took a 2% promoted product that was not in ebay "best listings"  duplicated it with a 12% fee and raised the price so ebay makes more money and bingo there it was.

2. Ebay has yet to deal with all of the scam buyers.....they are pretty hard on sellers but the buyers are driving sellers off of the platform onto FB marketplace, local markets and "shop" by shopify where they dont pay excessive or even any fees while at the same time having a better customer experience.

3. Ebay is a gradually dying platform........and is rapidly approaching a tipping point where the exodus of sellers will influence shopper traffic.   Ebay has turned into the worlds greatest automotive junkyard and sneaker store.... 30% of their revenue.  Once a competing platform comes online for car parts....ebay is going to be a $5 stock

HK

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Everything here is green except for quantity sold and number of buyers - but the net sales and average price per item is up so much into the green that it more than erases the drop in quantity/buyers.

But the all red/all green/mixed red and green has to do with what we're listing and how well we're listing it - eBay's metrics can only report what we ourselves are doing.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Child poverty per the news tonite in the USA went from 5 percent during the pandemic heighth to a whopping 12 percent today. Reason.  INFLATION of price on just about everthing essential. AND you wonder why buyers are not here as much right now.

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

This inflation is mostly fake. Give $2 trillion in free money to a portion of the population and the people with the ability to take it will do just that. The rest of the inflation is cause and effect for higher wages. The Taco Bell I drive past almost daily used to have a sign for "Hiring $20/hr $1000 signing bonus". Difficult to believe, but true. So a formerly $5.99 combo is now $10.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

The REAL test is "what has it done the past 12 months'..

The RED (or GREEN) is 'compared to the 'previous month' so those RED/GREEN are symptomatic of ONLY what has happened since the PREVIOUS 30 days (you can change those dates, which I HIGHLY recommend if these numbers matter to you). 

So, in Jan/Feb I was 1,900,000 impressions and 10,000 views; but generally, sales are 'lower' for me then anyway.

In Mar/Apr/May it kept moving up about 200,000k a month till it hit 2,500,000 and 12,000. 

June/July about flat (same 2.5M/12k)

Aug it slipped 

Sept it slipped- at 1,900,000 and 10,000. 

This has been VERY CONSTANT the past 2,3,5 years (however long they've been 'showing' this). 

What I find unusual is I average about 300 'views' a day and when I have 280, I sell 6.

When I have 450, I have zero sales.

Go figure. 

ALL that really matters is VIEWS and then obviously 'sales'.  

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Mine tells me my views are down but my sales are up.

Same here. Frankly, I couldn't care less about my views. I care about sales, so as long as those are up, all is good.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

It's weird that recently I had the opposite happen. Organic views up 425% over the last month, but sales and page views are exactly the same as a month ago. I have never had an increase in views that quickly. I only wish it did anything for my sales!

Message 15 of 33
latest reply