cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade Assistant is needed

Hello.  I am in need of a trade assistant in the East Bay Area.  If anyone is interested please reach out. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What are you selling and exactly what do you need assistance with?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Once upon a time, eBay had the Trading Partners program, and that didn't work out, so they tried eBay Valet and that also failed.  The fact is, that selling things for others has so many problems and pitfalls that very, very few people will do it.

The first problem is that people nearly always have an unrealistic idea of the value of their stuff, so a lot of emotional drama develops.  Then there are questions such as: "How will you and the seller handle the refund when a buyer waits 179 days and then files a claim with PayPal or does a credit card chargeback?"  Are you willing to wait 180 for your money?  If not, will you guarantee to cover the loss if this happens?  How will you guarantee that?  Or, "Who eats the loss if a buyer gets a refund but the returned item is damaged or a sorry substitute is sent?"  And those are just a couple of issues, out of several equally serious ones.

So, the chances of your finding anyone who will sell for you are slim to none. Sorry to be discouraging.

If you do find someone, be sure you have a clean, detailed, written contract.

-

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@maxine*j 

Wrote: The first problem is that people nearly always have an unrealistic idea of the value of their stuff, so a lot of emotional drama developed. 

Yes, you hit the nail on the head.  Several years ago, I sold some Hummel figurines for a person I knew.  They had the appraisal book and every thing.  When they didn't get the money that he thought he should of brought,  he got rather perturbed.  Then I reminded him with this question,..."How much money were they making when they were sitting in your hall closet for 20 years?" He then saw it my way and lightened up. 

I have not and will never sell for anyone again. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Besides the fact that just asking for someone in the "East Bay" area does not really say where you are located, your feedback profile just says USA. 

Suggest you start doing a search of consignment shops in your area.  Expect to be paying off the top maybe 35% or higher. I know of one that was something like 65%. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hi.  I appreciate your reaching out.  I have bags, ethnic clothing, Kantha quilts and artwork.  I live in the Oakland area. 

thanks. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply