cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Buyers

When someone buys an item, is there a way to tell if they EVER purchased from you before? How often? When?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Tracking Buyers

Just recently, ebay started adding "Repeat Buyer" to the Orders ---> Paid & Shipped Listings and Order Details......

could be other places too, but I know it's there next to the buyer username...

I do not know the parameters of the addition (how far back, etc....)

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Tracking Buyers

If they bought from you within the last two years, there will be green text that Repeat Buyer to the right (or near) of the buyers name.

Beyond two years, you'll have to have been keeping track of that yourself.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Tracking Buyers

If you hoover over the green 'repeat buyer' text it claims to only go back 2 years.  ("based on last 2 of data").  You can also look at a buyer's feedback received and see if you recognize your moniker.  

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Tracking Buyers

Yes.

When you bring up the order it will say...

Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 1.26.57 PM.png

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Tracking Buyers

Thank you, much appreciated. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Tracking Buyers

Phil

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Tracking Buyers

Phil

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Tracking Buyers

Thank you, Much appreciated. 

Phil

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Tracking Buyers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another roundabout way...

If you consistently leave feedback, you can look at your "feedback left for others" and do a visual comparison.

and yet another...

If you request a transaction selling report from eBay, it will show all your buyers in a column in excel and you can sort by that column.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Tracking Buyers

@Anonymous wrote:

If you consistently leave feedback, you can look at your "feedback left for others" and do a visual comparison.

and yet another...

If you request a transaction selling report from eBay, it will show all your buyers in a column in excel and you can sort by that column.

We do this - we keep a running excel spreadsheet and compare Buyer IDs, Buyer names/addresses.  Mostly, as we wanted to "thank" a returning Buyer for their return business.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Tracking Buyers

i noticed the green notification just a couple days ago ...

wish it would show if the "buyer" has purchased from you before if they are using "best offer" ......

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Tracking Buyers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@katzrul15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

and yet another...

We do this - we keep a running excel spreadsheet and compare Buyer IDs, Buyer names/addresses.  Mostly, as we wanted to "thank" a returning Buyer for their return business.  

Clearly you are way more detail oriented than I am. That's dedication.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply