cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Removed

Did anyone else loose their top rated status because while the Vacation setting were on and people still bought your items.  If you are not home how can you possible ship.  I even wrote in my header please do not pay and they did anyway.

I was paying my neighbor to pack and ship my sales but she could not always go and it was costing me more than my items were.   I was in the hospital and could not help in any way. 

I do not think that it is fair to be penalized while away.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Top Rated Removed

Unfortunately, the basic vacation setting is just an "Away" message and eBay still expects you to ship within your stated handling time. It would have been better to just end your listings or hide them.  Or at least revise your handling time to reflect a realistic anticipated shipping date.   

The vacation settings and the Help page about them were set up long before eBay started using shipping time as a seller evaluation measure. Just a simple one-sentence update in the Help age would save a lot of confusion for Store subscribers.

brian_burke@ebay

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

Well is it fair to your customers you did not have them taken care of so items would not be late?  Tough answer but bottom line the buyers have to be taken care of.  Lots of one person operations here on ebay with no, or not good enough back up in case of emergency to a seller.  I have always thought their should be button that when pushed would hide your store and listings and show a nice store closed for whatever reason sign  and in the case of a seller with no store when someone does a search for him some kind of seller not available at this time, or something.  Plus an auto message is sent to I don't no who but to ever it should be sent.  I don't know just rambleing but some thought needs to be put into this.

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

Well I did close my store but the auction listings remained.  It was not a planned trip into the hospital.  I am not finding fault with my customers for not reading my header asking them not to pay since I couldnot ship within the 24 hour period, but with eBay for penalizing me and rasing my fees and removing my top rated status.  I have been a top rated seller for years and the fees add up.

I am sure that I am an not the only seller with this problem.  eBay should revise there standards for vacations.  They even put the little line stating that there may be a delay in shipping.  

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

With the fees we pay, I feel that eBay should take that into consideration, before removing top rated status.  I was a top rated seller for years.  I do not blame my customer for not reading my header asking them not to pay.  And it is not like they had to wait very long.  Evrything was shipped within 2-3 days, but not the 24.  

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

This may happen to me too. I signed up for a free 3 month promo to open up a store. I called eBay to help walk  me through putting my store on vacation mode. What the gal forgot to tell me is that I needed to change my handling time. So while I had the store on vacation mode, the handling was still one day.  While on vacation I was making sales, and then soon I saw that my shipping was late. I ended up calling eBay and explaining my situation. Right now I am still top-rated seller status.  But if they had evaluate me in a few weeks I will not be top rated seller status anymore. So much for trying something new.   I really am upset that I  could possibly lose my top rated seller status due to some bad information from eBay. 

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

No you all have not used the vacation settings correctly.  You need to also hit the button to hide your listings.  This will not allow people to purchase them at all.  Or you can keep them visible and increase the handling time.  

Hiding listing only word on fixed price not auction.

If you will be away for a short period you can add best offer to your listings while on vacation and hide them.  When best offer is added there is a glitch that still allows an offer to be made.  This will allow you to take time to consider the offer and talk to the buyer to tell them you are on vacation and not to pay until X date etc.

I have used vacation settings at least 6 times a year for 5 years with no issues. Read the options.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 7 of 52
latest reply

I am curious, I have a handling time of one business day.  Can I change that to a longer time and still keep my top rated status?

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

Yes, I know how you feel I almost lost my Top Rated over this setting.  I was moving into a new home and put my vaction setting on because that what it is for, then eBay charged me with late shipments so I called eBay to figure this out apparently you are suppose to change your handleing time.   After speaking with Ebay the representive told me there was nothing he could do, I see there point but I think that they could make it a little bit clearer on this issue. 

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

The same happened here yes 8 late shipping and had a near perfect record for 10 + years. All they said was you must edit all your listings shipping/handling date in the future (all of nearly 2000) ...too bad they never said that when I put the setting on and added the date of return and date items would ship and also added to store headline. Not 1 customer upset, just ebay tracking flags!! We were told dont worry u have such a good record u will get a grace period. Whatever, our volume is not huge so we have to wait a year for those to drop off, for what 10% off final value fees??? The hoops are just not worth it anymore ebay can take your 10% and _____

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

funny they said too they are working on that 1 sentence to be included since this appears to be a regular problem for many sellers that are unaware....believe it or not? doubt it

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

Yes..

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

Absolutely! 

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

@tenbiksewingembroideryitems wrote:

I am curious, I have a handling time of one business day.  Can I change that to a longer time and still keep my top rated status?

Your TRS status is based on you meeting your stated handling time, so as long as you meet the changed handling time it will not affect your TRS status.

The listings with handling time greater than 1 day will not receive the 10% TRS FVF discount if they sell and will not show the TRS badge on the listing.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 14 of 52
latest reply

Ah....too bad; thanks anyway.

I refuse to use the 30 return policy; I sell sewing machines.  Can you imagine what  a buyer could do in that amount of time????

Message 15 of 52
latest reply