cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title was incorrect

I sold 5 Books, my pictures show, 5 Books, But in my Title and Description, I wrote Books 1 ~ 6....Buyer Paid, I messaged them explaining the mistake and offered a refund . These are to be shipped out by tomorrow, I asked the buyer to please contact me before tomorrow if they're still wanting.

I just don't want this buyer receiving 5 books, even though it shows this in my pictures, and stating, "But it says Books 1 ~ 6"

Should I cancel if this buyer does not reply to my message?

Kim
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Title was incorrect

Ship it immediately.  The photos are worth more than a minor error on a title.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Wait a few days for them to reply, if they don't cancel and apologize with an offer to honor the offer again if they later request. At minimum wait a few days. 

Shipping the items to them with a note included mentioning that wouldn't be a bad idea either. Most buyers go off of the pictures though, so most likely this buyer won't care  

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Ship it immediately.  The photos are worth more than a minor error on a title.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your ad does not say what you put in your post

Both your title and description both say "1 ~ 6 BOOK Lot", NOT "Books 1 ~ 6"...waaayyy diffferent

The issue I see is that 1 ~ 6 book lot could be interpreted as "one 6-book lot" meaning exactly 6 books.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I can't Wait a Few Days, I have Next Business Day shipping....So if I were to Cancel or Wait a few days, either way I may get a Ding..

But Sending a Note along is a Good idea 🙂

Thank you!!! I'll ship out Tomorrow.

Kim
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@foxesden_treasures wrote:

I sold 5 Books, my pictures show, 5 Books, But in my Title and Description, I wrote Books 1 ~ 6....Buyer Paid, I messaged them explaining the mistake and offered a refund . These are to be shipped out by tomorrow, I asked the buyer to please contact me before tomorrow if they're still wanting.

I just don't want this buyer receiving 5 books, even though it shows this in my pictures, and stating, "But it says Books 1 ~ 6"

Should I cancel if this buyer does not reply to my message?

No don't cancel, your buyer might not be reading their messages. (And many buyers just don't reply). Did you tell the buyer they are going out tomorrow morning? If so, that's all you need to say, if they want a refund they will reach out to you for that.

I would ship the item and deal with it if it's an issue later. Your picture showed 5 books, and generally people rely on the pictures for accuracy (at least I do). So I expect to get what's in the photo, if you make a typo in your description I probably wouldn't even notice.

C.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I think the buyer knows what to expect (five books). If they happen to want a return or refund then you'll have to on that technicality of the listing error but most buyers aren't problematic. It's good you contacted them. If they don't respond I would go ahead and ship.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Then do you think me Canceling this Transaction now would be the correct way to go about this?

Kim
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to play devils advocate here.

I would be expecting a lot of 6 books. In this case the multiple pics actually confuses the issue. Had it been one pic I'd be like "ok, it's 5 books".

But you have multiple pics of different books, I can see where I buyer would say "where's my 6th book...I figured it didn't make it into the pic for some reason"?

Especially since BOTH the title and description are wrong.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going to play devils advocate here.

I would be expecting a lot of 6 books. In this case the multiple pics actually confuses the issue. Had it been one pic I'd be like "ok, it's 5 books".

But you have multiple pics of different books, I can see where I buyer would say "where's my 6th book...I figured it didn't make it into the pic for some reason"?

Especially since BOTH the title and description are wrong.

The Sin-n-Dex solution to these problems is to just offer a discount for the inconvenience. (Mostly offered before I ship, but if I'm not sure if something's a problem, I plan to offer the discount and just wait to see if I'm contacted, if I'm not contacted I assume all is good.)

C.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume you don't have an extra book of the same series that you can throw in there...otw you would have mentioned it.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then do you think me Canceling this Transaction now would be the correct way to go about this?

Sorry didn't see this.

I don't think there is a "correct" way.

For me, it's 50/50. For me, 50/50 means I bite the bullet and cancel (and I have in the past). 

For you that may be different.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Believe me, If I did,, I'd put that book right into that package..and I wouldn't be worrying about my Mistake!! 🙂

Kim
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe wait for others to chime in and make your decision. You have time. Sorry this all happened, clearly an honest mistake.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Believe me, If I did,, I'd put that book right into that package..and I wouldn't be worrying about my Mistake!! 🙂

You've done all that you can do. You emailed the buyer. You stated the error. You offered to cancel and refund. The buyer didn't respond.

Just assume everything is OK and ship it.

In future if I'm asking someone if something's OK, I give a time limit and say "your item will be posted Monday morning, if I don't hear from you by Sunday night I'll go ahead and send it as planned." That way if the buyer doesn't respond I will interpret that to mean everything's fine, and just deal with it if it isn't.

This isn't the kind of error where you should be offering a discount, I think you just need to wait and see what happens. If I give a discount I'm usually pretty generous about it (if it's my error) so I don't get bad feedback about messing up the transaction. If buyers are happy in the end, isn't that the important thing?

C.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply