cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking I got scammed

Last night we sold 11 bottles of model glue to 11 separate people in a 20 minute time frame.  While I would love to believe there was a sudden mad rush to buy glue, something seems off.  All the accounts were opened in August, and none of the recipients names match the buyer's names.  Has anyone had this happen before?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Thinking I got scammed

I’ve had people place orders and have them ship to someone else. Not as many as you have. 

If they are all paid then you ship.

Why question sales when everyone else is complaining they aren’t getting any.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Why do you think you were scammed? Did the buyer pay? These days forums and social media can drive sales. Maybe they are members of a group building something. Sometimes there is a manager who buyers stuff for  people in the company. Strange maybe, but I see no scam here. Glue is not high on list of scammers. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Scammers don’t typically set their sites on a $30 windfall

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yes, very odd, but what can you do .... except do everything by the book and hope for the best.

Good luck.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Were they Euro sales? If so, I wonder if it has anything to do with the new, any day now, EU ban on glitter.

I read in the news people are hoarding it like crazy. Maybe not, but if its the revel cement with the very fine tip dispenser we are getting into the make-everything-sparkle-season.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Purchasing inexpensive items like trading cards is one way to test hijacked accounts or stolen credit cards.

See this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/More-suspicious-purchases-likely-unauthorized-use-of-buyer/m-p...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

That was my immediate thought.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The timeline of the sales is odd.  11 bottles of model glue to 11 separate people in a 20 minute time frame

Many say if the address you are given is through eBay your good. Never change the shipping address per an e-mail from a buyer. 

How do the buyer's profile's looks?

Have you entertained Google map to see what the addresses look like?

The only thought I can add is this: Can this product be used for drug manufacturing or huffing?

When I go to buy antifreeze and De-icer, a clerk always has to approve my purchase at self-check-out. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

and none of the recipients names match the buyer's names.

None of my IDs match my actual name -or even initials.

Are they Guest Accounts?

Do you use eIS for shipping? 

If they are using a freight forwarder in the USA, most of the Money Back Guarantee is voided.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply