cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Therapy help thread's galore!!

eBay is turning it's wheel's in a different direction toward quick fast free shipping, while some of it's seller's are discouraged and feeling the slip out door wide open...stagnet items rotationg on the listing population are stall and need to be removed...I see zak's going out...many thread's are a call for help and concern...but nobody is listening.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Whose help are you looking for?  What kind of help do you think people want and will accept?

Ebay can't listen to or please everyone of 25 million sellers.....  Most honest, practical advice from other sellers that may or maynot help is buried under "ebay is terrible" posts. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

pinkrose442 wrote:

eBay is turning it's wheel's in a different direction toward quick fast free shipping, while some of it's seller's are discouraged and feeling the slip out door wide open...stagnet items rotationg on the listing population are stall and need to be removed...I see zak's going out...many thread's are a call for help and concern...but nobody is listening.

I don't know, pinkrose.  Usually when somebody comes here and specifically asks for suggestions, critiques, pick-your-brain thoughts from the members here, there is plenty of advice offered, and plenty of us who identify with at least some of the troubles others face here.  Often we can share how we dealt with a problem, what worked for us, how we moved passed the trouble and on into a prosperous time again.  So I think others ARE listening.

I do think that often enough, the member who comes here to cry, complain, rant, or just ask for some advice absolutely does NOT want to hear anything after all.  Smiley Very Happy  Instead, they start to argue because the advice they are given isn't what they want to hear.  Well, as they say ..Misery Loves Company.. so I think mostly they just want others to rant and rave against eBay or policy or some new change or buyer protections or.... whatever, with them.

But, yes.. the sad truth is that there are always would-be sellers who fail here, and year after year there are sellers who fold up their tents.  It certainly isn't for everyone!  Dumping a few things from cleaning out a closet at home for a few bucks $$$ on eBay is one thing, and actually pretty darned easy.  Turning that into something bigger... isn't.  And for folks who can't adapt well to change, grow with the overall huge growth of e-commerce in 2017, etc. well, for them it can be a hard place to make much of anything work out.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@mistwomandancing wrote:

Usually when somebody comes here and specifically asks for suggestions, critiques, pick-your-brain thoughts from the members here, there is plenty of advice offered, and plenty of us who identify with at least some of the troubles others face here.  Often we can share how we dealt with a problem, what worked for us, how we moved passed the trouble and on into a prosperous time again.  So I think others ARE listening.

I do think that often enough, the member who comes here to cry, complain, rant, or just ask for some advice absolutely does NOT want to hear anything after all.   Instead, they start to argue because the advice they are given isn't what they want to hear.  Well, as they say ..Misery Loves Company.. so I think mostly they just want others to rant and rave against eBay or policy or some new change or buyer protections or.... whatever, with them.

But, yes.. the sad truth is that there are always would-be sellers who fail here, and year after year there are sellers who fold up their tents.  It certainly isn't for everyone!  Dumping a few things from cleaning out a closet at home for a few bucks $$$ on eBay is one thing, and actually pretty darned easy.  Turning that into something bigger... isn't.  And for folks who can't adapt well to change, grow with the overall huge growth of e-commerce in 2017, etc. well, for them it can be a hard place to make much of anything work out.

Spot on. Yes half want help and the other half are regulars who just love to complain and make excuses. Blaming Ebay is their therapy I guess.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@pinkrose442 wrote:

Long time regulars understand the concern, but are not going to sugarcoat the response.

They are going to tell you from experience what works and what does not.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@mistwomandancing wrote:

@pinkrose442 wrote:

I don't know, pinkrose.  Usually when somebody comes here and specifically asks for suggestions, critiques, pick-your-brain thoughts from the members here, there is plenty of advice offered, and plenty of us who identify with at least some of the troubles others face here.  Often we can share how we dealt with a problem, what worked for us, how we moved passed the trouble and on into a prosperous time again.  So I think others ARE listening.

I do think that often enough, the member who comes here to cry, complain, rant, or just ask for some advice absolutely does NOT want to hear anything after all.  Smiley Very Happy  Instead, they start to argue because the advice they are given isn't what they want to hear.  Well, as they say ..Misery Loves Company.. so I think mostly they just want others to rant and rave against eBay or policy or some new change or buyer protections or.... whatever, with them.

Responding to the truly sad situations from post thread's that the new trendy wave of new policies for seller's has begun to affect Top Rated Seller's toward the out going Zak's door...listings being deleted, level of exposure, changes...that are now coming out as the new policies are now being in forced.  There's a huge cleaning out of stagnate listings...sell hub with out turbo listing as of yet.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

pinkrose442 wrote:

Responding to the truly sad situations from post thread's that the new trendy wave of new policies for seller's has begun to affect Top Rated Seller's toward the out going Zak's door...listings being deleted, level of exposure, changes...that are now coming out as the new policies are now being in forced.  There's a huge cleaning out of stagnate listings...sell hub with out turbo listing as of yet.

New policies have ALWAYS had effect on sellers here.. and buyers, and eBay overall.  New policies come out for every Spring and Fall, and sometimes a little in between those more major announcement times.  I've been an eBay member for years and years and years, so I've seen a whole lot of policy changes over the years.

And every year, we have new sellers attaining the level of Top Rated Seller and of Top Rated Seller PLUS... and we also have sellers who go out of that level, often enough intentionally because they don't want to adhere to selling requirements here that are quite as strict.  (And some sellers don't adhere very well to the requirements because they actually aren't quite attentive enough to their buyers, their businesses, eBay's requirements, etc.)  But there is certainly nothing new about that happening!  Sellers have been moving in and out of TRS all these years!  So none of this is particular to some "trendy wave of new policies" anymore than usual.  Most folks adapt in life overall, and most sellers on eBay are quite able to adapt to new policy changes as well, and do.  And for most... it really a Big Deal at all.  It's just business.

"Deleted listings" can be starting up for another year's run.  In many cases, sellers will most likely make some freshening up changes to their old listing before they relist it for another year, but many listings won't need any changing to anything, and they'll just be relisted. 

Level of exposure is.. just level of exposure.  The more sellers we have join us here, and the more inventory they list in competition with ours, the more of a battle we all have to keep our merchandise in front of buyer eyes, but that isn't remotely exclusive to eBay!!!  That is the story when selling most anyplace, online and in our own stores.  Competition in merchandise SALES is at an all-time high.  It's Dog Eat Dog out there, as the old saying goes.  And some sellers can face it and thrive.  Some can't.  And that is also not remotely exclusive to eBay!!!

As to TurboLister, I used that too.  I have now learned to use the new listing page, which (now that I've become familiar with it) is much faster than TL, and I've come to like it quite a bit better.  Fathom that.  Would like to be able to work offline.  Would like to be able to store old listings forever.  Expect I'll look into that instead of sit around and whine.

You say you're responding to the truly sad situations, and yes... truly sad situations are always *sad*...  they always have been, always will be *sad*  It behooves folks who sell here to keep up, just like being in 'real' business, and the changes that are constantly happening in most all areas of the business world, not just in online sales.  (And thank heaven that eBay isn't as tough a place as many others are to sell on.....)

Message 7 of 7
latest reply