cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The inability to remove 2 factor authentication, data and text charges

I have asked eBay to remove two step authentication from my account.  I have gone through customer service on three occasions and have chat transcripts affirming that they have removed 2FA from my account.  They haven’t.  It remains.  NONE of the options for changing my 2FA notifications work.  It is not an editable option.  It has made my account unusable.

eBay customer service is broken.  It is not functional.  It is a waste of eBay users’ time.

I shouldn’t have to come on this “community” board and post a non-removable post about something like this to get ACTUAL Customer Service, not that this post will help one bit.  Except to maybe notify their risk management department of another “issue” to limit liability, suppress or deny.

I will remove my items from this account and stop using altogether if this is not done in the next week.

I WILL file fraud reports with more than a few government agencies including the FTC, USA.gov and IC3 just to name a few.

Every single e-commerce platform I use is easier to work with than eBay.  The levels of incompetence here at eBay are staggering.  The level of incompetence by your executives borders on criminality.

This is not my ONLY issue with eBay right now and it’s not even close to being the most serious.  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: The inability to remove 2 factor authentication, data and text charges

@kiteoutpost 

You received responses in your other post on this same subject.  There is no need to post it again: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Turning-off-2-step-verification-is-a-nightmare-I-am-on-my-thir...

It was explained that the two step verification is REQUIRED if you sign up for the "Spendable Funds" program.  Once that is accomplished, you can no longer remove the two step verification unless you give up your participation in spendable funds. 

If the verification screen is showing up repeatedly, after the initial sign in, then start collecting the data as suggested. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: The inability to remove 2 factor authentication, data and text charges

It really surprises me that ebay does not require two step for sellers, a hacked seller account not only is a a major problem for a seller it also is to ebay.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply