cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The eBay System Status Board Is Incorrect - This Happens All Too Frequently

The System Status Board says all services are in good shape, including Buying and Selling.  This is NOT true today, Feb. 28, 2021.  Many sellers are reporting sold auctions with bids are showing up as Unsold Items and they can't send invoices.  Buyers are saying they can't pay for auctions they won today.  And listings are disappearing.  So far today 13 of my items which ended have vanished into thin air, not showing up in Unsold, Awaiting Payment, or Awaiting Shipment, including at least 5 auctions with bids.  I have 76 more transactions ending today on this seller ID likely to fall into this black hole, and I can't count on eBay to provide me with ANY information about the problems it is experiencing.  

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I think they abandoned the system status board- they removed it from the Seller News menu above.

I saw an alert posted at the bottom of every eBay help page today-

error.jpg

The System Status board never had specifics anyway- and it usually showed a green light when something was not working.

Regarding the invisible listings- another poster confirmed that their listings are still live even though they can't see them unless they have a link somewhere (via item number or through their sold history on a multi quantity listing). Your listings are still live so this is probably a display issue in Seller Hub- either a lag that will catch up or perhaps a bigger issue eBay will begin to address tomorrow. If you know an item number I can check and let you know if the listing appears in general search results.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

My lost items are items that I was selling that ended today.  Since they have vanished I can't look up an item number.  eBay still has a link to the the System Status under Sitemap News -> System Status.  It shows all green checkmarks.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

It shows all green checkmarks.

It ALWAYS does.   It is not reliable. 

@somanypcs 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Go to your listing promotions and click on the number of used listings. That will show you a list of all listings that counted towards your monthly free listings, and newly listed/renewed are usually at the top (or bottom- I can't remember). You can find the item numbers there. Another poster tested and found her listings were still active even though temporarily not visible. It's not a good situation at all- but it's certainly better than the alternative which is losing the listings entirely.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

To get an item number I clicked on a postcard that was about to sell.  The countdown wasn't working unless I clicked on bid, where I could see the time remaining.  Once the item ended I printed info about that item number and also printed the order details.  Having done this, I now see that auction correctly listed in Orders Awaiting Payments + 2 other auctions now show up there.  But at least 9 other auctions with bids that have ended have vanished into the dark hole.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

listings were still active even though temporarily not visible.....

Not good for a seller with "ending auctions" right now that typically show a flurry of activity at the end.  Buyer complaints on other forums saying they cannot bid.  

Made me think of many years ago.  I got my first neg after one of these.  Back then the site was often not very stable and there was much "to do" over sellers that didn't want to honor their bids when the site was offline for hours v.s. ebay insisting that they ship to the winner anyway. 

One remedy ebay came up with back then for site outages was to just "pick up where they left off" i.e. extending the times to compensate.  Back then anybody could leave feedback for anybody else and need not be related to a transaction.  My neg was "What a stupid seller, ending a listing at 4:00 a.m. Idiot"  LOL!  eBay was down for about three or four hours.   This person was not even my buyer, and if he had thought about it a bit,  in California it was only 1:00 a.m.   My buyer was from Japan.

Just looked up what the current policy might be.  There doesn't appear to be one.  

@coffeebean832 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@somanypcs wrote:

My lost items are items that I was selling that ended today.  Since they have vanished I can't look up an item number.  eBay still has a link to the the System Status under Sitemap News -> System Status.  It shows all green checkmarks.

The System Status is under Sitemap - Community - News -> System Status.  If eBay is abandoning and/or not updating it, this link should be removed.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Go to your listing promotions and click on the number of used listings. That will show you a list of all listings that counted towards your monthly free listings, and newly listed/renewed are usually at the top (or bottom- I can't remember). You can find the item numbers there. Another poster tested and found her listings were still active even though temporarily not visible. It's not a good situation at all- but it's certainly better than the alternative which is losing the listings entirely.

Thanks, I did find all my item numbers there.  It would be helpful if the Item title was also listed there, as finding a few lost items in 230 item numbers is a tad like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

This is happening to me as well.  I finally found the listings under "Listings" drop down, and then "Ended".  It shows all of the bids and is green as if sold, but says "Unsold" in the status column.  Something's amiss for sure.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

The Help & Contact page now shows this message:

"We are aware that successfully sold auction listings are incorrectly displaying in 'Unsold ended listings' in Seller Hub or 'Unsold' section of My eBay and some 'Good Til Cancelled items were not renewed. We are actively working on these issues and thank you for your patience while we work to correct them."

However eBay's Status Board still shows all green checkmarks, including for Buying and for Selling, and says "All services in Good Health."  I'd hate to be this site buying and/or selling when the status is in Bad Health!  just saying...

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I found my lost auctions under Listings -> Ended.  Using advice posted on the Technical Issues board early today I did the following.  For every auction with bids that said relist, I selected the item.  Then I clicked on bids.  Next I refreshed that page by clicking on the circular arrow at the top of the screen.  If the action showed Send invoice I exited; otherwise I kept refreshing the page showing bids until the action showed Send invoice.  This resulted in the auction being moved to Orders Awaiting payment.  Got all 40+ sold auctions moved this way.  I also did this with auctions that didn't sell so that they would also show up in Listings -> Unsold.

Of course eBay's Status Board still shows all green checkmarks, including Buying and Selling, even though errors have made this a disastrous day for many buyers and sellers.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

yup, me to. Its a nightmare, my free listings are just dropping like flys without me doing anything, the site is just unusable . i dont even know how many ebay has pulled off of my 200 items. Its a mess.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Myself, after 4 full days, still unable to print multiple invoices, or, multiple shipping labels using Seller Hub.  We've cleared cache numerous times, we've restarted every computer and still, "It's not you.  It's us," message.

Very frustrating.

Workaround has been to "print screen" on order number page.  Additionally, we are able to print shipping labels by the "each" order using the drop-down box on the order number page.  Slows our work down to a crawl.

Please eBay, fix this soon.

whitemountaintrading_0-1614743560555.png

Message 14 of 14
latest reply