cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Sports Card Authentication System is Rigged

I wanted to warn as many sellers of Sports Cards as possible, as to the rigged Authentication System.  It is set up to completely damage the credibility of the seller, and promote their self interests.  

I just sold a high dollar sports card, pictures of the card were taken at all angles, and the condition of the card was listed as "Like New".  

The Authenticator returned the card, and said that it couldn't be authenticated.  After making phone calls to the people who sold me the cards as to it's authenticity, I was told that the reason it couldn't be authenticated was that they found a scratch on the rear bottom corner of the surface.  

This NEVER should have happened.  In this situation, the card is real, the card is authentic, and the card was sold with an accurate description.  

The Authenticator is doing what they intend to do along with eBay's help.  Promote the Grading Services, and to kill the eBay sellers.  Non Graded Cards will be impossible to sell under these guidelines.

A Warning to those who will have to go thru this.  

Jon

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: The New Sports Card Authentication System is Rigged

I am dealing with this issue now, they said my card has a scratch and the corner is damaged, Hello the card is graded I did not grade the card, the only way a card with a 9.5 grade can have a scratch and a damaged corner is if the case was in fact opened , everyone knows that a dinged corner would know it would have been knocked down to a 7 during the grading the process

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Re: The New Sports Card Authentication System is Rigged

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 32 of 32
latest reply