cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Ebay Message System

I might be missing something here, but the Ebay message system seems to be very user unfriendly when it comes to certain types of listings. For example, I sell an item that had multiple variations...upwards of 20.   When a customer sends me a message regarding their item, Ebay only shows me the main listing of the item in the message......so by looking at the message I have no way to know which variation they ordered.  Even clicking on "Order Details" or "Paypal Transaction" doesn't get me the specific variation of what they ordered. I literally have to cut the user name, click over to my order history, paste it in, re-do the the search to include paid orders, then open the order record to see exactly what the customer ordered. Am I missing something here? This seems like an easy fix for ebay. Thanks for any help. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The Ebay Message System

The eBay app shows item ordered from a multivariation listing. Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The Ebay Message System

In your Sold Items, the variation will be listed in [brackets] under the Item title

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The Ebay Message System

I think that only works if the listing actually ends. This particular item is something I restock, so the main listing never ends. 

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

In your Sold Items, the variation will be listed in [brackets] under the Item title

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The Ebay Message System

@lytecordz wrote:

I think that only works if the listing actually ends. This particular item is something I restock, so the main listing never ends. 

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

Go to your Seller Hub

Go to Orders

Go to Orders Awaiting Shipment

It will show you exactly what has been sold and paid for that you haven't shipped yet.

Under the title, on a variation, it will list the variation.

If you are on a mobile device ... either log on on a desktop/laptop or Go to "classic site" using your browser to find all of the seller stuff ... The mobile app was not built for sellers and is missing a LOT of information and options.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ovw

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 5 of 5
latest reply