cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 50,000 Promo ...

It takes me a couple of minutes to do a good photo shoot, inspect, measure, weigh, and take notes on an item then organize and store it.

It takes me a little time to name all the pics to be ready to upload to the listing form.

It takes me a little time to create the listing on the advanced listing form.

So I figure on average about 9 minutes per listing

So assuming I would actually have 50,000 items to list that would mean 450,000 minutes of straight work time or 7,500 hours.  Divide that by 40 hours per week = 187.5 weeks

Okay, even if I worked really fast and cut my time in half to 4.5 minutes per listing it would be about  93.75 weeks.

If I went out and bought some Raging Bull super caffeinated coffee and cut the time in half again to 2.25 minutes per listing it would be about 47 weeks ... there are 52 weeks in a year.

Just wondering what the thinking was behind the 50K Free Listing promo?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: The 50,000 Promo ...

I'm dreading hurricane season & wildfire season in the middle of a pandemic.
Message 31 of 43
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea   With our mild winter the Amish and other farmers have already tilled fields and the Amish have spread manure ... last year the amount of rain we got after the ground thawed caught them by surprise and they had a tough time getting in to their fields ... many crops were planted late.

Based on the farming activity I see they could wind up with bumper crops this year.

As to "... signs of the times ...": when you start to hear "serious" talks about a one world currency THAT is when the real concern will set in ...

Regards,
Message 32 of 43
latest reply

We need way more help than free 50K listings, how about 50% reduced final value fees for the next 6 months?

Message 33 of 43
latest reply

@animal-house-8 wrote:

We need way more help than free 50K listings, how about 50% reduced final value fees for the next 6 months?

My suggestion is to waive all Store Subscription fees until the President lifts the National Emergency.  Fees are covered by a Seller's pricing structure on their items so they should have NO problem paying them each month even if sales are really low.

Regards,
Message 34 of 43
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

I got this...37 down 49,963 remaining this month.  IDK about everyone else, but I am having fun 😊

DUDE!  You're AWESOME!  I'm like virtually out of inventory and am SO jealous you have stuff to list!

I make my inventory out recyclables 😉   

Message 35 of 43
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 

We need to start a listing contest... we used to do them all the time on the Power Seller boards that I can't get to any more lol...

Up to 33 and I got one of the slaves up 😉

Back in a few hours 😉

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 36 of 43
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

I got this...37 down 49,963 remaining this month.  IDK about everyone else, but I am having fun 😊

DUDE!  You're AWESOME!  I'm like virtually out of inventory and am SO jealous you have stuff to list!

@mr_lincoln 

Take a drive. I'll sell you all you need for a year. And still have years left over.

Message 37 of 43
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

lol, people gripe because ebay hadn't given free listings.......now they gripe because they do.....

50,000 is just a number.........use what you can and be grateful..........

However, I remember several years ago, two somebodies with ebay talking about the time they gave either 100,000 or a million free listings......believing that no one could use them all.......  Well, someone in Germany did......

Someone get a hold of that German guy and tell him to start listing!

On another note, I notice on the activation page it says the promo runs until 4/30. But after activating and being shown in my promos section, it says it's until 4/1. What gives? Is that promo section only for the current month and when it hits 4/1, I'll see another promo for the same thing from 4/1 - 4/30? Can someone confirm this?

Message 38 of 43
latest reply

This Promo stacks the odds against smaller sellers.  I normally list between 200-300 listings a month and already pay for those with my subscription.  What I really could use is a discount on my subscription or final value fees.  

Larger sellers who have the inventory and time or employees to actually list 50.000 listings will flood the market and lower prices making it difficult for me to compete with them.

Message 39 of 43
latest reply

@cynthealee2 wrote:

@mcdougle4248 

We need to start a listing contest... we used to do them all the time on the Power Seller boards that I can't get to any more lol...

Back in a few hours 😉

I am done listing for the day...I got 41 listings up.  Now I have to go to the PO and then I will spend the remainder of the day in my workshop making more inventory for tomorrow.  I think you will be the winner...I have to make before I can list 😊

Message 40 of 43
latest reply

Can't confirm it, but that's usually the way these multi month promos show up. Because it's 50k for March then in April you get another 50k.
Message 41 of 43
latest reply

@bar-29368 wrote:
Can't confirm it, but that's usually the way these multi month promos show up. Because it's 50k for March then in April you get another 50k.

Woo hoo. So I already used up 8 listings. If I don’t list anything more this month and it resets on 4/1, I’ll get a total of 50,008 free listings. Score!

Message 42 of 43
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@cynthealee2 wrote:

@mcdougle4248 

Back in a few hours 😉

I am done listing for the day...I got 41 listings up.  Now I have to go to the PO and then I will spend the remainder of the day in my workshop making more inventory for tomorrow.  I think you will be the winner...I have to make before I can list 😊

Probably but I cheat I have slaves family that are stuck at home that I am going to press into work...

Specially since the School system has called twice today through the robo calls... First to tell us they were going to use the 10 "snow" days and the kids wouldn't be back till April 15th, then 3-4 hours later to tell us:

'scratch that they aren't coming back till the end of April and they won't have to take the yearly testing things, and we'll figure the rest out and let y'all know'

They gonna have to figure something out quick... cause the fact that we are on the year round schedule means that School lets out first week of June.  They should have gone back this coming Monday leaving 2 full months of school left... with this mess they just ate 1 of those months with no end in sight.   I feel sorriest for the Seniors... no Senior Prom, and possibly no graduation ceremonies.

Again 1st world problems... but still.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 43 of 43
latest reply