cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for making eBay a Best Place to Work in 2022????

With todays ebay announcement I am at a loss to whom they are addressing (and we are only in the first month of 2022... I'm sure they mean 2021). Anyway, certainly it cannot be sellers and buyers because they do not work for ebay. I highly doubt their employees grace these forums when they are busy working...except for the folks that might be employed by ebay to keep this community in circulation. 

With that said, I am glad to hear ebay employees are experiencing a good work environment, after all, that's what all folks should want--happy employees.

Now lets work on happy sellers. For starters, how about 2-way email communication instead of jumping thru hoops and wasted time for sellers to communicate with ebay. Of course, that would not make employees happy if they'd have to deal with unhappy emails that require attention.

I'm sure other sellers (or buyers) have something they'd like to see, so let us hear about it.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Must have missed the announcement.

I guess if e-Bay employees are Happy..........that should translate to "Happy" Sellers and Happy Sellers should = Happy Buyers?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@under-the-rose wrote:

With todays ebay announcement I am at a loss to whom they are addressing

Most other companies who made that list also posted announcements on their websites. The company I work for also posted a similar announcement, although it was a different list. 

I imagine those announcements are intended for a whole range of different audiences. Job seekers, investors, shareholders, employees, the press, analysts, the competition, etc. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I saw the seller announcement but there are some questions surrounding the validity of Glassdoor collection and analysis methodology. I tend to look at Fortune's reviews which takes a bit broader view at a company when it does it's rankings. In 2021 eBay was ranked at 276 out of the top 500 companies racks and stacks every year. That is down considerably from where they were 5 years ago as the following shows. It maybe a coincidence that the slide started in 2015 with the move to MP and the divesture of PayPal as the financial processor. 

a1.jpg

I also look at what the Better Business Bureau has to say about a company which takes multiple views of a company. EBay holds an A rating with the BBB but the customers reviews are not that great but not unusual since by nature people tend to only write reviews when things go wrong. The rivers customer review ratings are not that much better. 

A2.jpg

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I wouldn't know since I've never worked for them and only used them as another selling platform.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@luckythewinner  wrote:
”I imagine those announcements are intended for a whole range of different audiences. Job seekers, investors, shareholders, employees, the press, analysts, the competition, etc.” 

No, this was a letter directed at eBay sellers from GM Jordan Sweetnam. We are his intended audience.

I don’t know why, but he is trying to spin  a story that suggests that their notable win is somehow a reflection on its relationship with its sellers. It makes no sense to me at all, since we sellers didn't vote in this award. Ebay employees voted. We sellers have little to nothing to do with this industry honor. Sweetnam should be thanking his employess, not us.

JS writes: “And, we feel your support daily in so many different ways.”  

Wait, something bothers me about this statement. Shouldn't it be the other way around? We feel their support, not vice versa? We pay eBay and in return, they provide the platform. Our sole primary contribution is monetary. In exchange, they support our efforts to sell.

”Culture is about what a company values - and in our case, that’s you.” 

The whole announcement is odd.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply