cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Invoice?

I just noticed something new ... the Tax Invoice ... is this just a record of the sales tax eBay collected and remitted to the various states on my sales?

Screenshot (2639).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Tax Invoice?

@mr_lincoln 

I did not get one of these,  Where did you get this?

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Tax Invoice?

@hurryagain   I clicked on the Payments tab in Seller Hub then clicked the "Invoice" link over on the right under the monthly invoice dollar amount ...

The amount shown on that Tax Invoice is currently not shown anywhere that I actually paid it OR that I owe it, at least I hope eBay isn't planning to try and charge me the Sales tax they collected and remitted to the states.

Regards,
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Tax Invoice?

I see this,  "TAX INVOICE" as a bill owed.   

I see, NO breakdown of taxes paid to individual taxing authorities. 

Looks to be an obfuscation. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Tax Invoice?

@mr_lincoln 

Thank you for this info...had no idea this was available.

It looks like these taxes was already deducted from our total funds...so we should not get charged/billed for this.  Bottom left of your tax summary page.

InkedScreenshot_2021-04-04 Tax Invoice Summary Report - 5113204901 pdf_LI (2).jpg

@tev4all 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Tax Invoice?

@hurryagain 

I see what you are saying/pointing out. 

However,  An "invoice" is a bill owed. 

This is presented as a "tax invoice". 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Tax Invoice?

My take on it.

The Tax Invoice has nothing to do with the sales tax that eBay collects from buyers.

It's all about the fees that the seller has paid.

For non-US sellers, their fees may be subject to tax ... VAT for instance.

But the title leaves a lot to be desired.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Tax Invoice?

It says Tax Invoice but it does not provide any Amount for Taxes.

Does the Final Value fees include the money transfer fee and $0.30 for each transaction or is it just the commission for the sale?

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Tax Invoice?

The obscure terminology that eBay constantly uses is often confusing. Almost seems like a bad translation from another language half the time.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Tax Invoice?

@hurryagain, @wrong66 , @stephenmorgan , @kare-bearb , @tev4all 

I agree with many of you, an "Invoice" means a payment is due ... this is a goofy report, especially since it covers a 30 day period, NO the entire first quarter ...

Regards,
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Tax Invoice?

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@hurryagain, @wrong66 , @stephenmorgan , @kare-bearb , @tev4all 

I agree with many of you, an "Invoice" means a payment is due ... this is a goofy report, especially since it covers a 30 day period, NO the entire first quarter ...

Agreed.  BUT...knowing eBay...this is not a payment due.  It is probably as @wrong66 said...poor terminology.

This is what happens when programmers from other countries do the programming and the terminology and is not "proof read" by others, it just leads to confusion.

...I guess we should not be surprised  anymore...disappointed...but not surprised.  😒

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Tax Invoice?

@kare-bearb wrote:

My take on it.

The Tax Invoice has nothing to do with the sales tax that eBay collects from buyers.

It's all about the fees that the seller has paid.

For non-US sellers, their fees may be subject to tax ... VAT for instance.

But the title leaves a lot to be desired.

@kare-bearb  - I believe you are correct.  It appears this is will only affect sellers in locations where there may be taxes assessed on various fees that may be deducted from your Managed Payments balance.

taxinvoice.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/reconciling-ebay-sales-transactions-managed-... 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Tax Invoice?

My best guess is that ebay is getting ready for the day when ebay has to charge sellers sales tax on ebay services.   There are some localities (CA is not one of them) that charge sales tax on services as well as goods so ebay services might be taxable in those localities.   Australia may be one such place as it has a GST - Goods and Services Tax.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Tax Invoice?

@alcoforever wrote:

My best guess is that ebay is getting ready for the day when ebay has to charge sellers sales tax on ebay services.   There are some localities (CA is not one of them) that charge sales tax on services as well as goods so ebay services might be taxable in those localities.   Australia may be one such place as it has a GST - Goods and Services Tax.

I have to pay HST (Harmonized Sales Tax - this replaced Goods and Services Tax) on my eBay services. It's a waste of time, I submit the tax paid as a bill to Revenue Canada and get all that money back. But wait, I have to pay them the taxes I collect from my Canadian Customers... well since I sell 5-10% in Canada and have to pay HST on my eBay bill, all my shipping supplies, and in Canada Shipping Services (like FedEx and the courier I use), they end up giving me money every month for filling out the online form.

C.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Tax Invoice?

Well, on this invoice it does say "Amounts owed were deducted from your total funds".

I guess it is a invoice that has been paid.

I suspect alcoforeve 

Screenshot 2021-04-04 222248.png

Message 15 of 18
latest reply