cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TURN MY ACCOUNT BACK ON EBAY!!!!!

WHY SHOULD I DO ANY WORK HERE FOR 60$ IN SALES IN A WEEK!!!!????

YOUR EITHER USING ME FOR YOUR OVERPRICED FEE STRUCTURES OR THINK I AM AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Ever notice that those making this statement are nearly always selling in the same categories?  Should make you think a bit.

I see your account is active, your listings are available, and came up in searches that I did on a few of your items as if I was a potential buyer looking for the item.

It's easy to blame eBay for all our woes, but business is business.  Simply put: If you are not selling what the market wants, or are asking more than the market is willing to pay, then it stands to reason that you will not be making sales.

Message 2 of 59
latest reply

You know that eBay just reported their US sales are down almost 10% over Xmas right? Just checking cause it's seems you're not aware eBay is losing a lot of market share.

Message 3 of 59
latest reply

My profit margins are not dictated by what a distributor tells me they are like yours. I am not interested in selling Pink Sneakers, Legos, IPhones, or Chinese Lingerie. 

Message 4 of 59
latest reply

Same boat . There is just no sales on e bay currently  . In the last 18 days I've made only two sales ,,   and right after that most of the money  went  to pay my sellers fees.  I don't know what the sellers here are going to do . It's hard to just pull up the stakes  and go ,,especially after investing so much time ,money and effort  into a business here . As many of us who have been here  awhile have said ,, we've seen  these massive downturns before  where it seems nobody can sell a thing . Then  sales slowly get back to normal . You can ask a hundred different  people why this happens  and get a hundred  different opinions .  So probably the best thing to do is not panic  and try and give it a bit more time . I wish I could have taken my own advice  right after the  911  attack . We had some stock  and it was sinking  more and more each day . We  took what was left out  and closed the accounts .  BIG MISTAKE  but that's what panic can do .  Tulips 

Message 5 of 59
latest reply

There is just no sales on e bay currently .

Nope. None at all. Can't figure it out.

2/1/2020            $20.00

2/1/2020            $60.00

2/2/2020            $20.00

2/2/2020            $40.00

2/4/2020            $110.00

2/5/2020            $10.00

2/6/2020            $45.00

2/6/2020            $40.00

2/6/2020            $85.00

2/7/2020            $35.00

2/7/2020            $155.00

2/8/2020            $38.00

2/9/2020            $20.00

2/9/2020            $25.00

2/9/2020            $50.00

2/9/2020            $50.00

2/9/2020            $22.00

2/10/2020          $16.00

2/10/2020          $22.00

2/10/2020          $50.00

2/11/2020          $80.00

2/14/2020          $8.00

2/14/2020          $25.00

2/16/2020          $12.00

Message 6 of 59
latest reply

I have spent around $700 on vintage collectibles on eBay in February. I have given up bidding on auctions because there is so much competition in my cat. There’s certainly money out there if you’re selling good quality items that buyers want.

Long tail inventory is only a sustainable business model if you constantly add new things. People get tired of seeing the same old and I suspect eBay starts lowering the search standing for returning stuff.

Message 7 of 59
latest reply

@newjerseypicker08836   Run your Sterling Silver items Auction style, not fixed price ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 8 of 59
latest reply

You do have very interesting and unusual items up for sale. Enjoyed looking through them.

Message 9 of 59
latest reply

First of all, your sales are far better than a lot of us.   I don't think the problem is what you are selling.  I think the problem is in eBay's court - eBay's reputation has take more hits than some of its competitors, and  buyers have more options.   The more eBay manipulates visibility - the less interested buyers will be.  GTC has resulted in far more unsold items remaining on the site - with sellers less motivated to add new listings.

Two things gat a lot of buyers to return - good deals and new listings increasing their choices.   It also helps if they are shown what they are actually looking for and not a lot of unrelated items or just what will make eBay more dollars.   

eBay made some huge mistakes in 2019 - more than in  prior years, and a lot of us sellers are paying the price.   Until eBay fixes their search and addresses their technical issues - sales will continue to decline for those not benefitting from the current search algorithms. 

Message 10 of 59
latest reply

Ebay sales are down in the US despite increased sales from China.  Unless you have a small narrow niche where  end buyers are currently sourcing on Ebay then sales tend to be down.  My sales are down about 20%.   The newer competition to Ebay is advertising while Ebay is cutting back on advertising.  Those who think the problem is with the sellers and not Ebay are delusional.  At least Meg Whitman sort of got the idea that you had to also keep the sellers happy.   This decline began with Donahoe,  and accelerated by Wenig, both of whom had an MBA but no clue about Ebay.  But Ebay is not the only company being brought down by clueless MBA people, just look at Boeing Commercial Airplane.

Message 11 of 59
latest reply

@kathieskorner wrote:

It also helps if they are shown what they are actually looking for and not a lot of unrelated items or just what will make eBay more dollars.   

I think that's a lot of it, buyers can't find what they are looking for.

When I'm researching items, I'll check Ebay and once in awhile I'll find 1 or 2, but I can go to Google and get some good results.

It seems like they don't want to show buyers what they are looking for, but what they want buyers to buy.

Have a great day.
Message 12 of 59
latest reply

@newjerseypicker08836 wrote:

WHY SHOULD I DO ANY WORK HERE FOR 60$ IN SALES IN A WEEK!!!!????

YOUR EITHER USING ME FOR YOUR OVERPRICED FEE STRUCTURES OR THINK I AM AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!

You are going about it the wrong way, mon ami. We all are! I had an epiphany last night. A wise Wizard (not from Oz) visited me while I was asleep and shared with me the SECRET of how to increase sales on eBay! The very first thing to do is, make sure to brush your teeth 3 times daily (not just before going to bed), Next, find a relatively calm place in your house, or on the patio (do not let the sub-zero temps deter you), then grab both of your earlobes with the opposite side hands. Shift the weight of your body to just one leg (left or right, your choice) and lift the other one knee high.  Now that you are standing on one leg, make some movements with your elbow as if you were a bird and wanted to take off. 

After about 859 seconds - make sure to count the number of seconds attentively - you may carefully place your second leg on the ground. Turn towards the South wall of your home and engage in a prayer ritual in Suaheli. This should last for at least 10 minutes. Then sprinkle some Muesli in front of your pet fish (what, you haven't got one yet?) and scratch the cat behind its ears three times, left ear first! Do not make a mistake on this action, or you will have to start over! 

The number of times your cat says, "Meow!" will tell you the exact number of sales you will make, for the month. 

I don't know if the above helps, as I am still standing here, with my right leg lifted, and I am only on the 229th second, but will be glad to share the outcome! The Wizard swore that it will help, and if not, I can call his Customer Service in Swaziland and I shall receive helpful guidance on what I have been doing wrong.

PW

Message 13 of 59
latest reply

I would think this category of product is not something anyone would 'search' for as much as they just may 'peruse' a category. 

I mean, how many search for a 'gold dish' or a certain vase or a specific, non designer old piece of jewelry? 

Unsearchable items would always be a hit/miss deal when it comes to sales. 

Message 14 of 59
latest reply

Aside from changing trends in what constitutes desirable merchandise and good prices.....

Business practices matter - why would I trust a seller who is KW spamming? Your $100 Japanese vase either is or isn’t by a famous maker - you can’t put the artist’s name in the title with a question mark.

Ebay has changed and stuff like that doesn’t fly anymore.

Message 15 of 59
latest reply