cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRS Promoted Listings Credit Going Away? Weekly Chat Follow Up

I wanted to start a topic here as a reminder and way to keep tabs on this issue that was brought up by @my-cottage-books-and-antiques  in the weekly chat on October 21st.  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-October-21-1-00-pm-PT-Gener... 

The eBay for Business Podcast transcript from October 20th seems to indicate the TRS Quarterly Promoted Listings Credit is going away at the end of 2020. eBay Head of North America Advertising Scott Kelliher said:

PL-11-3.png

Many of us were alarmed when we saw this section of the Fall Seller Update that seemed to also indicate that Promoted Listings Credits were going away.

PLcredit.jpg

When we asked for clarification, we were told that was a "mistake" and should be disregarded.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Listing-Promoting-Items/Promoted-Listings-Credit-Removal-2020-Fall-Sel...

It has been two weeks now since this was brought up in the chat and we still don't have a clear, direct, definitive answer as to whether or not the TRS Promoted Listings Quarterly Credits are being discontinued after Q4.  It also leaves open the question as to whether he was speaking only of the TRS credit, or if the additional quarterly credits for Anchor & Enterprise level store subscribers are also "going to end."

tyler@ebay  brian@ebay brittanie@ebay @podcast_team   - What exactly did Mr. Kelliher mean and why are sellers being left in the dark here?

If it is eBay's intention to discontinue this benefit, that needs to be communicated to sellers clearly, directly and in a timely manner through official communications channels.

Changes like this are far too important to be the kind of thing you would only find out if you listened to the podcast or happened to be in the weekly chat when it was brought up.

We need answers now, as it may affect sellers' Promoted Listings strategies and decision making for Q4 and beyond.

If the additional credits for Anchor & Enterprise store subscribers are also ending, that needs to be made clear ASAP as well.  That credit may be a factor sellers take into consideration when assessing the "value" of those store subscriptions and whether or not the benefits are worth the cost.  If that credit is taken away, that would be a material change in the terms of those store subscriptions.

Message 1 of 92
latest reply
91 REPLIES 91

Re: TRS Promoted Listings Credit Going Away? Weekly Chat Follow Up

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @valueaddedresource - I agree with you, and have requested more information/clarification. I don't have an update to share at this point in time, but I appreciate you following up!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 92
latest reply

Just want to say, I also appreciate you following up. 

Message 3 of 92
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

have you checked with this guy..........since he's the one that said it? 

eBay Head of North America Advertising Scott Kelliher said:

Message 4 of 92
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Just want to say, I also appreciate you following up. 

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques  - thanks for bringing it up originally in the chat. 👍

I had not watched/read that episode of the podcast and had no idea it had even been said. If you hadn't asked about it, I probably wouldn't have found it on my own. 

Message 5 of 92
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

tyler@ebay 

Hahahaha @dhbookds - indeed I did, still waiting on clarification. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 92
latest reply

That's a shame they won't even give you an answer.

Message 7 of 92
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

tyler@ebay 

Grrrrrrrr.........
WHY does every question have to be such a hassle?   It's a simple yes/no........either he made a mistake or not.....

Message 8 of 92
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

tyler@ebay 

Grrrrrrrr.........
WHY does every question have to be such a hassle?   It's a simple yes/no........either he made a mistake or not.....

@dhbookds  - it always seems to be the simple yes/no questions that eBay has the toughest time with. 🤔

Message 9 of 92
latest reply

Amazing that ebay says we demanded our 20% discount taken away to "promote" our listings and now they take away the credit to promote listings that we demanded.

Message 10 of 92
latest reply

@monster-deals  - I gave eBay the benefit of the doubt back when they told us that section of the Fall Update was a "mistake."  It's starting to sound like the only mistake was letting the cat out of the bag too early.

Message 11 of 92
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

tyler@ebay 

@dhbookds  tyler@ebay  - or maybe Alex Kazim can give us an answer? He's been there since July, should be up to speed on the plans by now.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2020/11/05/alex-kazim-returns-to-ebay-to-head-advertising/ 

Message 12 of 92
latest reply

Lol.........it's a mystery to me.........why he/someone can't answer the simple question.  My personal guess is that ebay usually tries to offset taking away a perk with "but we are doing this for you" and they may be having a rough time with the that half of the equation.......

Message 13 of 92
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Lol.........it's a mystery to me.........why he/someone can't answer the simple question.  My personal guess is that ebay usually tries to offset taking away a perk with "but we are doing this for you" and they may be having a rough time with the that half of the equation.......

@dhbookds  agree.  Must be especially rough on this one since, as @monster-deals pointed out, this particular perk was one that was previously used to offset the diminishing of another perk.  That makes it kind of a double whammy. 

Message 14 of 92
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

@dhbookds  agree.  Must be especially rough on this one since, as @monster-deals pointed out, this particular perk was one that was previously used to offset the diminishing of another perk.  That makes it kind of a double whammy. 

Remember we asked for it and they listened.

Or whatever

Message 15 of 92
latest reply