cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE END OF CLASSIC VIEW.

I wonder do the corporate heads of Ebay just sit around and think of ways they can make it harder & harder to sell. I swear there hasn't been one change since Meg Whitman left that is any good.

What was it about two years ago when they went to the seller hub page. Judging by the discussion boards & people I know, most hated it. But at least with a couple extra clicks * View My Ebay Selling * I could still see my 'classic seller page.'... How many watchers. How many bids. 300 to 400 items on two pages. And I used the seller hub because I had too, and eventually got used to it. But always the first thing was to check my Classic Seller Page.

So I get on ebay today and lo & behold .. no more classic view. This horrible format is being rammed down my throat. Why can't I have the Classic Page if I want it. Why am I forced to work with this terrible seller hub. Now I have to click * View My Ebay Selling * .. than scroll down past my orders .. and I get to my listed items. 5 to a page ... I have to scroll sideways to see everything and there is 77 pages with my 375 listings. 

So the question again becomes who is making these incredibly stupid decisions. Do they ever even sell on ebay?  How can anyone in their right mind think this complicated, aesthetically ugly, time wasting format is better. There was nothing wrong with the 'classic view' two years ago. And there was nothing wrong with it yesterday. But everything is wrong with this page. Man what I wouldn't give to have a face to face with the heads of this company. I said it before and I'll say it again. This is the worst run large business in the world. Why can't I at least have the option to see classic view.. What harm is there in that? 

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: THE END OF CLASSIC VIEW.

The classic view was a great page that had been developed and refined over a long period of time.  It was perfect.  Like they say, you don't realize what you have till it's gone.  I only list about 100 items or so at a time.  The classic page was perfect, and I could scroll down the page and see exactly the status of my listings.  I cannot imagine how some of the larger dealers will manage this with information now scattered all over.  

The sad thing is, all of the information that was on the classic page is still there!  All it would take is for a few people to reformate the page and offer it as an option to us.  However, I would not hold my breath.  

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

@hattynan 

I get it -  but sometimes BPIX has to go, and SAP should take its place, even if those that are used to BPIX are hell bent about not learning a new system.  

don’t even get me started on the people that still want to use Lotus Notes.  We actually still have that application in use where I work.  

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

Same thing happened at USPS when i worked there. Program/test implemented, changed, discarded yearly

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

If it works eBay will change it and add fees for the seller. 

Bring back Classic MY wBay ONE PAGE!

Use the FEEDBACK on your Summary page to tell them we hate it!

I've reached that age where my brain goes from "you probably shouldn't say that." To "what the heck, let's see what happens. "
Message 34 of 42
latest reply

If  you think adjusting to eBay's changes is a difficult task, learning to list & sell on other venues may be as big or bigger challenge...

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

If  you think adjusting to eBay's changes is a difficult task, learning to list & sell on other venues may be as big or bigger challenge...

Not anymore difficult then keeping up with the changes here.   Those other sites are sometimes even easier!

If it works eBay will change it and add fees for the seller. 

Bring back Classic MY wBay ONE PAGE!

Use the FEEDBACK on your Summary page to tell them we hate it!

I've reached that age where my brain goes from "you probably shouldn't say that." To "what the heck, let's see what happens. "
Message 36 of 42
latest reply

My thoughts exactly.. After 22 years on eBay, I am ready to closed my account & move onto another site. 

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

I discovered if I click on the link in an email from eBay regarding an item that had sold, it would take me to the "classic view."  I think I have deleted all those recent emails, or perhaps that too disappeared, but it was there this morning.  I think the wording was "all selling" or something like that?

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

i had the classic view page saved,now it just reverts to this new **bleep**,cant even see what i have for sale ,everything is so tiny, and it wont fit to page,have to expand it to fill my screen and there are only 5 items per page? really? so i have to click on next page a hundred times if i have 500 items for sale to see how they are doing? ebay sucks ass! bring back classic view !! this could be the final straw that makes me go to etsy,mercari, or anywhere besides this **bleep** show

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

I FEEL THE SAME WAY !!!!!! Why cant they give us an option ? Buyers get all the options NEVER THE SELLERS

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

You are so RIGHT !  We should be able to have an option OH that is only for the BUYERS The Sellers are ALWAYS WRONG

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

I totally agree.  I have noticed though that they keep bouncing back and forth with the screens.  Some days the old screens are viewable and some days they are not.  I don't know why they insist on making our lives miserable.  They took something that was easy to operate and worked well and turned it into yet another Ebay mess.  You would think they would actually listen to the people who are making them money.  It takes a lot of clicks to do one listing.  Hopefully, they read these comments.  I have called them and voiced my opinion but it appears that it doesn't matter.

Message 42 of 42
latest reply