cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching between seller ID's

Trying to switch between my 3 seller ID's  in the sign in process, nearly impossible. Applies previous password,  goes back to seller ID  you are trying to switch from. Will not apply correct password.  Come on Ebay fix this, it happened before and you did fix it then. Time to fix it again. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Same here, can't sign in to my other account, when I try it takes me back to this account no matter what I do, I reentered correct password and still am taken back to this account. Hope this gets straightened out soon, I have some things to ship today on the account I can't get to, C'mon ebay

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@jag65 wrote:

Trying to switch between my 3 seller ID's  in the sign in process, nearly impossible. Applies previous password,  goes back to seller ID  you are trying to switch from. Will not apply correct password.  Come on Ebay fix this, it happened before and you did fix it then. Time to fix it again. 

A few things,

1st, when you first sign in, you will see a check box thats ALREADY CHECKED below the sign-in credentials box asking if you want to stay signed in - UNCHECK THIS BOX.

2nd, you can set your Browser to delete cookies when you exit them, this will normally sign you out of signed in accounts automatically and allow you to open a new browser to sign in to a different account.

3rd, you can use a different browser type, such as mozilla, chrome, edge, etc rather than the brower you are already siged-in with...

Cheers

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Me too!  I had to log in Incognito.  

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Unchecking the box does not alleviate the problem.  Tried it.

This happened a year or two ago, after Ebay made some changes. It got fixed after sellers complained. Didn't have anything to do with browser choice, and I didn't change my browser and shouldn't have to this time. If I start changing browers it will affect many other things, and I do not want to sort out more problems. It was working fine until a few weeks ago, and just got worse overnight, so Ebay altered something.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I use the same password for both of my accounts. Problem solved.

Except for when I am told the (saved) password is incorrect. Then I get to count the number of giraffes, tall buildings, streetlights, crosswalks, ships..  are shown. Then I get to try again, using the same password, and amazingly it works. Incredible waste of time.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Yeah, something is wrong.  Been doing this 10 times a day for Years.  
It's messed up today.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I didn't change my browser and shouldn't have to this time.

If you use a different browser for each account you never have to sign out; you can stay signed in to each account at the same time in a different browser. That can potentially save a lot of time and hassle, particularly if you have problems signing in or with verification.

If you have a preference for one specific browser, you can always use a private or incognito browser window for another account without signing out. Or install a different version of the same browser such as Chrome/Chrome Beta, or Firefox/Firefox Developer/Firefox Nightly. As long as each version has its own profile and cookies, you can use them in parallel without having one affect the other.

In addition to the "keep me signed in" on the sign in page, there is another such checkbox in your account settings under Sign in and Security that you may want to uncheck if you decide to keep switching between accounts in the same browser.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@redlinear wrote:

Been doing this 10 times a day for Years.  

I can't imagine doing that. Different browser for each ID is my preferred method.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Although I use third-party tools which can handle multiple id's without any signing in/out I still use eBay directly for the Seller Hub and some of it's functions which are not handled by SixBit (my 3rd party tool).

For those situations I use multiple browsers, one for each selling id.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Same problem here, but this is working well for me - when you click on "Switch Accounts",  select any other account from the list and click on it - then overwrite/replace the account name with the one you want - then enter the password for that account.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@jag65 wrote:

Hey @jag65! We apologise about the issues that you were experiencing when trying to switch in between different accounts. There is a sitewide ticket open to have this issue resolved. If yourself or others are still running into this I recommend to reach out to customer support and let them know that you are experiencing ALERT 14619. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Ah, that did not work out for me. I listed an item once on the wrong account.  

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

"Same problem here, but this is working well for me - when you click on "Switch Accounts",  select any other account from the list and click on it - then overwrite/replace the account name with the one you want - then enter the password for that account."

Seems that a number of eBay users find it an egregious failing  that they need to type their User Name and their Password in -- letter by letter, number by number, and possibly special character by special character.  

My goodness, I think I spent all of three seconds typing in my password, when I should have  just been able to click on one button and let eBay do the work.  Then I took a nap . . . . . . . . .

Message 14 of 14
latest reply