cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious buyer

I listed an item and 10 minutes it sold. Of course I was elated until I googled the buyer and found several pages of complaints against the person. The buyer paid by paypal and payment is pending. Is there a way that I can cancel the transaction?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Suspicious buyer

Why is the payment pending?
“Item Specifics are important - they help the ebay search engine find your products and help Google, Yahoo and other search engines classify your products for inclusion in their search engines

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why is the payment pending?
“Item Specifics are important - they help the ebay search engine find your products and help Google, Yahoo and other search engines classify your products for inclusion in their search engines
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I received an email from Papal that says Based on your history as an eBay seller, money you receive from each of your eBay transactions may be temporarily held in a pending balance.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

That address is for a company that forwards mail to overseas buyers. That doesn’t mean that all buyers using that address are ‘bad’.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@bondflwrote:
I received an email from Papal that says Based on your history as an eBay seller, money you receive from each of your eBay transactions may be temporarily held in a pending balance.

What that means is that you haven't had many sales over the past year and that until you get your number of sales up, PayPal holds the funds until the item shows delivered or for 21 days. 

Payment holds for new sellers

If you're a new seller who hasn't established a selling record yet, we might put payments from your buyers on hold. Generally, the funds will be available either:

• Three days after we confirm delivery
  • Seven days after the estimated delivery date, if you marked the item as shipped in My eBay
  • 21 days after the buyer pays if you don't provide tracking information, mark the item as shipped, or the estimated delivery date can't be calculated

If the buyer reports a problem with the transaction, we'll place another hold until the issue has been resolved.

You'll become an established seller after:

• It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale
  • You've had more than 25 transactions and $250 in sales
Message 5 of 5
latest reply