cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspension violating rules

Ok, so this automated policy enforcement is GARBAGE!  I just caught a 3 day suspension because a BUYER GAVE ME HIS PHONE NUMBER and we finished our transaction on ebay through ebay.  I ignored the message about his number and yet I still catch a **bleep** restriction?  I called ebay and they don't care.  They told me there is nothing they can do even though its painfully obvious that I DID NOTHING wrong.  

Seriously, who else is strugging with this automated enforcement catching innocence?

Im to the point where I am about to flip the **** out.  This is so frustrating.

Message 1 of 175
latest reply
174 REPLIES 174

Re: Suspension violating rules

@sockmonkeydave

The time to edit was taken away from me.  When I originally typed it all up I made a copy in notepad and went through and edited out information.  I clicked post and the post didn't appear because it was too large I assume so I used my notepad copy and broke it into 2 posts.  This is where the personal information came back into play.  It was unintentional but I also was unaware of the rule.  The usernames I did not edit out, I assumed that wouldn't be an issue.  I assumed wrong.  Either way I hope a mod deletes personal information soon.  My bad all.

Message 91 of 175
latest reply

@simplecellunlock

Hit the options button upper right and select "report inapproprate content"

Let the mods know that you would like the ID's to be removed.

They are good about helping out.

Message 92 of 175
latest reply

@gramophone-georg

Pad is rad.  I am more of a Bach guy... but lately....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=forqmom3YuY

Message 93 of 175
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

@simplecellunlock

The three little dots in the upper right side of your post is where you will find edit.

But.... you have very little time to edit.

I like to put a song in some post, and by the time I get the song, edit time is over.

And I can get a song fast, but often within minuets edit time is closed.

Well, a minuet is a slow dance in triple time, so you just aren't fast enough!

I think the edit time is 5 minutes.

Now who knew you would know what a minuet is.  You little stinker, you!  (Said in my best little old lady voice.)   🙂

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 94 of 175
latest reply

@simplecellunlock wrote:

@chrysylys

Do I have to give you the entire background information of my entire account overview and every single transaction I have ever done?  Will that satisfy you?

Focus on the topic of the thread please.  and please stop hijacking the thread about something else.

I let my husband read this thread because I was becoming so upset and angry, I just couldn't read anymore. I cn't use the words he said or the references he made but he knows a lot about abuse of power from his history teaching.

Any rationale person who read this policy knows exactly how illogical and paranoid it is. It is meant to ruin customer relationships and incite fear. 

The other day, one of my favorite sellers. I messaged him through Pay if he would relist something for me as I wanted to buy it. WELL.....he puts in the return message. No problem, I'll bill you through PayPal and save you a few dollars. I absolutely freaked. I emailed back telling them they couldn't do it or they would be shut down in a heart beat. I ended up phoning their brick and mortar store  to make sure they relisted it so transaction would be above board.  This seller has 6 digit reviews. Does that make a differencea??

Turns out he does this for quite a few customers. Some call his store. Sometimes he messages them through eBay. He has NEVER NEVER had a bot message.

Ebay, explain that one. 

Message 95 of 175
latest reply

I'm still waiting on why the big toy company is allowed to have off-site links to their own selling website in their listings.

I've posted this in a bunch of places - the posts stay up, but no one has ever addressed them. I wonder if they are trying to figure out a good response that we will (NOT) accept? 

@llllady wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

@simplecellunlock

The three little dots in the upper right side of your post is where you will find edit.

But.... you have very little time to edit.

I like to put a song in some post, and by the time I get the song, edit time is over.

And I can get a song fast, but often within minuets edit time is closed.

Well, a minuet is a slow dance in triple time, so you just aren't fast enough!

I think the edit time is 5 minutes.

Now who knew you would know what a minuet is.  You little stinker, you!  (Said in my best little old lady voice.)   🙂

I'm trying out for 'Are you smarter than a 5th grader' - maybe I can get a  job as an ebay programmer. Even if I lose.

They're not the only ones.  I see a number of listing with contact information.

I got a seller/buyer message with direct URLs to the seller's off site website and their email address with the at sign edited to avoid detection.  I posted about that here and got no replies.  I posted about it on the Chat and sent it to Staff.  No action taken.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 98 of 175
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

They're not the only ones.  I see a number of listing with contact information.

I got a seller/buyer message with direct URLs to the seller's off site website and their email address with the at sign edited to avoid detection.  I posted about that here and got no replies.  I posted about it on the Chat and sent it to Staff.  No action taken.

But that is the thng. Why no action taken. That's the burnng queston. Is this policy only for smaller sellers? They certainly aren't going after the larger guys I buy from. They didn't even realize the policy existed. They haven't read it and aren't going to. They go about ther business of selling without any concern in the world.

Message 99 of 175
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

But that is the thng. Why no action taken. That's the burnng queston. Is this policy only for smaller sellers? They certainly aren't going after the larger guys I buy from. They didn't even realize the policy existed. They haven't read it and aren't going to. They go about ther business of selling without any concern in the world.

It's more important to get rid of the riff raff, the "noise". 

Message 100 of 175
latest reply

I know. I even put mine on bobs blog - lots of posts were deleted from there, but mine stayed up. Not addressed at all, but at least it was still there last I looked.

Here's another flagrant broken rule from a Hong Kong seller.

We strive for positive feedback on all transactions and nothing less than an overall Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of 5. If you are considering giving a neutral or negative Feedback or a low DSR, do write to me and give me an opportunity to address your concerns first.

Message 102 of 175
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

But that doesn't make sense Ersatz. We're only grains of sand on the largest beach imaginable.

Message 103 of 175
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

But that doesn't make sense Ersatz. We're only grains of sand on the largest beach imaginable.

Not if they consider the small sellers the problem sellers in an overall sweeping generalization. 

You live in a big city, rich to poor. Where are the cops going to focus their attention? Think of it as going after the street thugs instead of the vast white collar crime. It's that way everywhere, ebay is no different. 

Message 104 of 175
latest reply

Here's another flagrant broken rule from a Hong Kong seller.

I don't see a violation there.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 105 of 175
latest reply