cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspension violating rules

Ok, so this automated policy enforcement is GARBAGE!  I just caught a 3 day suspension because a BUYER GAVE ME HIS PHONE NUMBER and we finished our transaction on ebay through ebay.  I ignored the message about his number and yet I still catch a **bleep** restriction?  I called ebay and they don't care.  They told me there is nothing they can do even though its painfully obvious that I DID NOTHING wrong.  

Seriously, who else is strugging with this automated enforcement catching innocence?

Im to the point where I am about to flip the **** out.  This is so frustrating.

Message 1 of 175
latest reply
174 REPLIES 174

Re: Suspension violating rules

@doubledz-a2z

read carefully.  The buyer offered to send me payment off eBay.  I said "make purchase" and did not provide him my paypal information.  He purchased on eBay.

Read before you post please.

This line does NOT get me in trouble as I forced the transaction through eBay.

Message 76 of 175
latest reply

@simplecellunlock wrote:

@d-k_treasures

it was very fitting for this situation.

Very.

"Just for fun", I scrolled through bunches of reviews/comments on this site, going back to 2014. I FOUND LOTS OF SELLERS WHO WERE ACTIVE COMMENTERS THEN WHOSE ID'S ARE NOT TO BE FOUND HERE TODAY. Well, where are they now? They must have gone somewhere in the last three years.

Message 78 of 175
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave

I did that.  Thank you.  I was in the moment doing all the research and did not know this was against forum rules.  I self-reported both of them just now and asked to have usernames removed as there is no edit option. 

Thank you for bring me aware of this.

Message 79 of 175
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave

full disclosure this is my 2nd time on forums.  I have read all policies regarding eBay have no read any policies regarding forums.  I did not receive help from CS, so I came here.  I am going to go check out the forum rules before I post anymore.

I am obviously frustrated about being on a 3 day restriction when I am in the right.

Message 80 of 175
latest reply

@simplecellunlock wrote:

when I am in the right.

I'm still not sure your listings (as you indicate them here) are in the right at all.  I believe they're in violation of the Digital Delivery policy since you're not shipping anything.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 81 of 175
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

@simplecellunlock wrote:

when I am in the right.

I'm still not sure your listings (as you indicate them here) are in the right at all.  I believe they're in violation of the Digital Delivery policy since you're not shipping anything.

If that's the problem that should have been what the suspension was for.

It wasn't, and it isn't.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 82 of 175
latest reply

@chrysylys

thank you for your input but this was brought up over 3 months ago with eBay.  I mail customers a physical copy of the work that was completed for their records as well as any information relevant to their transaction with me.  The CS rep I spoke to said this was appropriate.  Am I supposed to be doing something else than that?

Message 83 of 175
latest reply

@simplecellunlock wrote:
I mail customers a physical copy of the work that was completed for their records as well as any information relevant to their transaction with me.

You didn't say that before.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 84 of 175
latest reply

@chrysylys

Do I have to give you the entire background information of my entire account overview and every single transaction I have ever done?  Will that satisfy you?

Focus on the topic of the thread please.  and please stop hijacking the thread about something else.

Message 85 of 175
latest reply

@simplecellunlock

The three little dots in the upper right side of your post is where you will find edit.

But.... you have very little time to edit.

I like to put a song in some post, and by the time I get the song, edit time is over.

And I can get a song fast, but often within minuets edit time is closed.

Message 86 of 175
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

@simplecellunlock

The three little dots in the upper right side of your post is where you will find edit.

I like to put a song in some post, and by the time I get the song, edit time is over.

Paderewski's is a favorite...

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 87 of 175
latest reply

@simplecellunlock

Someone from ebay here said you could message them and they will explain it to you. Next to your name under the join community button is an envelope. You can send a private message to whoever it was from eBay. They will explain it to you in better detail then anyone here can.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 88 of 175
latest reply

@simplecellunlock wrote:

@chrysylys

Do I have to give you the entire background information of my entire account overview and every single transaction I have ever done?  Will that satisfy you?

Focus on the topic of the thread please.  and please stop hijacking the thread about something else.

For some folks on the boards you need to give them a full background check and character refrences stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Message 89 of 175
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

@simplecellunlock

Well, a minuet is a slow dance in triple time, so you just aren't fast enough!

I think the edit time is 5 minutes.