cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store final value fees for Consumer Electronics?

For verification, is the final value fee for items in the Consumer Electronics categories (calculators, for example) getting raised to 9.15% in May?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I`m not aware of any changes to FVF`s for sellers with a Store (I believe that the Starter Store will be paying regular FVF ie:10%)

FVF`s for Store (most categories) increased from 9 to 9.15% a year ago.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@fabreedwar wrote:

For verification, is the final value fee for items in the Consumer Electronics categories (calculators, for example) getting raised to 9.15% in May?

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-fees?id=4122

Fees were raised last year from 9% to 9.15% for most categories.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The reason I posted was because items in the Consumer Electronics categories used to be 6.15%. In the new fees coming in May, Consumer Electronics is not mentioned at all, and so I'm guessing that it is one of the unmentioned categories in the 9.15% section now. I sell calculators, digital recorders, and so on, so it looks like I'm getting a  fee increase from 6.15% to 9.15%. Just looking for collaboration on this.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@fabreedwar wrote:

The reason I posted was because items in the Consumer Electronics categories used to be 6.15%. In the new fees coming in May, Consumer Electronics is not mentioned at all, and so I'm guessing that it is one of the unmentioned categories in the 9.15% section now. I sell calculators, digital recorders, and so on, so it looks like I'm getting a  fee increase from 6.15% to 9.15%. Just looking for collaboration on this.

If that's true, then NIB electronics sellers will be hard pressed to compete with the big boxes. Probably the intent of raising the fees, if that is what they are doing.

That's a good question. 

Many of us are still waiting on some details about the new starter store level that also starts May 1st.  Either they like to keep us guessing or they don't know themselves.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@fabreedwar wrote:

The reason I posted was because items in the Consumer Electronics categories used to be 6.15%. In the new fees coming in May, Consumer Electronics is not mentioned at all, and so I'm guessing that it is one of the unmentioned categories in the 9.15% section now.......

Was there a discussion of category rates? I didn't see it. Can you provide a link?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Here's the link for the new fees in May (scroll down for the final value fees categories):

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-fees?id=4122

Consumer electronics used to be in the 6.15% section of fees. Now it's not mentioned at all, which seems to indicate it is in the 9.15% section now. Consumer electronics covers alot of stuff...calculators, digital recorders, walkmans, radios, etc.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

That link goes to the current rates.

The new Help pages are full of errors. I don't remember whether the old format Help page had consumer electonics in the 6.15% category.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

What was the result ?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Oh this is interesting. A year ago I pitched a fit when I saw that there were different commission rates for different categories. Dolls & clothing 9%, electronics 6%. No one gave me a consistent answer. Amazon has same discriminatory structure. I thought, if anything they would lower dolls & apparel so that we were all closer to 6%, but that’s interesting. They’re just raising everyone, on top of the shipping commission. That combined with other goodies they’ve done over the past year — including the snazzy updates to their iOS app that have added outragous amounts of time to each listing — inspired me to spend the weekend creating my own online store independent of ebay. I don’t know if it will do me any good, but that felt so good! The commissions are like ... grubby greedy intrusive, too much. Ew, I’m so ... ew.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply