cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting October 15th '21 the Sales (last 31 days) metrics and market comparison will be disabled

Seller Hub overview page module message

Starting October 15th 2021 the Sales (last 31 days) metrics and market comparison module will be disabled until early 2022.

Does this mean just module on overview or all sales statistics under Performance tab? 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Starting October 15th '21 the Sales (last 31 days) metrics and market comparison will be disabled

Shows

Starting October 15th 2021 the Sales (last 31 days) metrics and market comparison module will be disabled until early 2022.

on the Performance tab Summary............so sounds like to me we won't be able to see Sales info for last 31 days there........til early 2022......  I wonder if that will mean the reports themselves will be not available. (need more coffee probably)........

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

don't see the purpose or need to disable any sales figures to sellers, only complicating everything more then they already have made it. They can do updates and make changes without removing sales figures. 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Hard to say for sure what's going to happen in 2022 with the new reporting thresholds.  Anything is possible.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I don't use their reports.......but have to wonder if the 3rd quarter numbers will still be available despite this (beyond 10/15).......I'm sure some people need/want to make reports..........

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@nuclearomen 

off topic......since I know you're up..........are you timing out if you click on the feedback # for someone?  I've closed browser, but still unable to get to a feedback page......Firefox/up to date.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I don't use their reports.......but have to wonder if the 3rd quarter numbers will still be available despite this (beyond 10/15).......I'm sure some people need/want to make reports..........

@dhbookds i don't either, but when I talk about this stuff I mean in general for all members, not specifically myself. I record all my sales in my own Excel spreed sheet, other then that I download the monthly sales report (though I have not in like 6 months, but I will...once I find them). 

Not sure what you mean as timeout viewing (buyers?) feedbacks? But no, I have no issues seeing buyers feedbacks, I just looked, I'm on Chrome latest version though not firefox. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@jayjaspersgarage wrote:

Hard to say for sure what's going to happen in 2022 with the new reporting thresholds.  Anything is possible.

true, idk... got my own issues to deal with... and a starbucks coffee that's getting cold atm... lol

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

If it is being disabled 15th October, then why has is stopped displaying metrics already?

Surely this announcement could have been placed in the usual appropriate place where they announce all the additional trashy features being added?

Normally stuff just stops working on the site without notice - Suprising that we should be so well informed on this.........

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Apologies for any confusion! I've reached out for more info and have been told that they are working on the messaging. Ultimately, this info isn't going away though. It can be seen in the 'Sales' page of the Seller Hub Performance section and the 'Sales' module can still be seen on the Overview page. Just the specific module titled, 'Sales (last 31 days)' will be removed entirely starting 10/15 from both the Overview and Performance sections of the Seller Hub. I hope that helps to clarify things!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I think the confusion here is due to the fact that: ebay already took away the data that was shown in the module (instead of waiting till the 15th), and the fact that ebay, as usual, is using ebay's in house terminology, which isn't always clear to the rest of us. ebay is NOT removing my ability to compare my overall sales data with my overall sales data from a prior period.

What ebay IS removing (in fact, has removed) is data which, for me at least, was pretty well useless. This is the data that took my two largest categories (based on number of listings) and compared my sales increase/decrease to the site's overall performance in those two categories. So for me, this was ties and hats. I sell in quite a few categories, and so this wasn't really helpful. But what it showed me was whether my tie sales were up or down by a certain percentage, and then compared that to whether the  marketplace's sales were up or down in those two categories.

This might be useful for some people, but frankly, I won't miss it. Much more interesting would be how my overall sales compared to the marketplace overall. Or let us choose which categories we are most interested in. 

The Announcement suggests this module will be returning next year. Can we hope that it will contain more useful data (and that is why it is being removed now....so ebay can improve it?

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Can we hope that it will contain more useful data (and that is why it is being removed now....so ebay can improve it?

You're jesting, of course?

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

velvet@ebay 

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I think the confusion here is due to the fact that: ebay already took away the data that was shown in the module (instead of waiting till the 15th), and the fact that ebay, as usual, is using ebay's in house terminology, which isn't always clear to the rest of us. ebay is NOT removing my ability to compare my overall sales data with my overall sales data from a prior period.

What ebay IS removing (in fact, has removed) is data which, for me at least, was pretty well useless. This is the data that took my two largest categories (based on number of listings) and compared my sales increase/decrease to the site's overall performance in those two categories. So for me, this was ties and hats. I sell in quite a few categories, and so this wasn't really helpful. But what it showed me was whether my tie sales were up or down by a certain percentage, and then compared that to whether the  marketplace's sales were up or down in those two categories.

This might be useful for some people, but frankly, I won't miss it. Much more interesting would be how my overall sales compared to the marketplace overall. Or let us choose which categories we are most interested in. 

The Announcement suggests this module will be returning next year. Can we hope that it will contain more useful data (and that is why it is being removed now....so ebay can improve it?

Hopefully the messaging will be updated soon, but they're just removing that module altogether on the 15th, and it won't be coming back. The information that was shown there, can be seen now though. From the Seller Hub Overview page, you'd look for the Sales module and click on the Last 31 days link if that's what you wanted to review. That would then take you to the Performance page and from there, you could select how you compare things (Same period prior months or Custom). You can also get there by going to the Performance page in the Seller Hub and clicking the Sales link on the left side of the screen. 

You mentioned some comparisons you'd like to see going forward and if you go to this help page, you'll see the option to provide feedback, suggestions, ideas, etc. to specific teams directly; like Selling. Be as detailed as possible, as many of the changes you see are a direct result of member feedback. I know reporting is something we're continually looking at and trying to make better though, so hopefully you'll see more of it going forward. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

Wait. So, the original message has been replaced....no longer any reference to anything coming back in 2022....it now reads: "Your detailed sales and selling cost information is available in the Sales section of the Performance tab. Click here to see it."

SOOOOOO....the original message was WRONG. It should NOT have been posted, period. 

The current message is correct, as far as it goes...I can see the detailed sales and cost info in the Sales section.

But that is NOT the data that the module contained. As I said, the module (which is in the process of being removed) contained data that CANNOT be found in the Sales Section. In my case, it compared my tie and hat sales to the SITE'S tie and hat sales (not to my previous sales). I will not miss it. It was not helpful for me. BUT.....ebay's messaging was once again flawed, and simply confused and alarmed many who read it. Just like the recent Media Mail message that was sent out and should not have been. Just like the FVF offer that was posted to the Board but which was supposed to be by invitation only.

Velvet, ebay really needs to start functioning like basic competency still has some meaning to this company. I don't work there. I don't know what the root cause of the problem is. I know you are not to blame. But ...and I say this as a seller who has a long history with ebay, and who I think has been pretty patient about this stuff....this has got to end. 

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Wait. So, the original message has been replaced....no longer any reference to anything coming back in 2022....it now reads: "Your detailed sales and selling cost information is available in the Sales section of the Performance tab. Click here to see it."

SOOOOOO....the original message was WRONG. It should NOT have been posted, period. 

The current message is correct, as far as it goes...I can see the detailed sales and cost info in the Sales section.

But that is NOT the data that the module contained. As I said, the module (which is in the process of being removed) contained data that CANNOT be found in the Sales Section. In my case, it compared my tie and hat sales to the SITE'S tie and hat sales (not to my previous sales). I will not miss it. It was not helpful for me. BUT.....ebay's messaging was once again flawed, and simply confused and alarmed many who read it. Just like the recent Media Mail message that was sent out and should not have been. Just like the FVF offer that was posted to the Board but which was supposed to be by invitation only.

Velvet, ebay really needs to start functioning like basic competency still has some meaning to this company. I don't work there. I don't know what the root cause of the problem is. I know you are not to blame. But ...and I say this as a seller who has a long history with ebay, and who I think has been pretty patient about this stuff....this has got to end. 

I can appreciate your frustration @my-cottage-books-and-antiques and I'm glad to see they got the message updated. I've reached back out to the team over this update to see if the seller/site sales comparisons can be found somewhere else in the Seller Hub and I'll follow-up with you here when I hear back from them. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 15 of 22
latest reply