cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports Card Category Item Specifics Issue!

As many of you have probably noticed the sports card category again has a glitch.  The item specifics options appear to have changed.  I'm hoping it's a coding glitch like when they removed First Class packages as a shipping option.

WARNING! I have scheduled listings that no longer have item specifics listed so make sure to check your scheduled listings before they go live!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Sports Card Category Item Specifics Issue!

Facing the same issue. My listings are mainly in Sports trading cards. And all my listings item specifics are removed. Item conditions are reset to Unknown. Cannot add quantities to my listings. 

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I’m going to wait it out because when they had the shipping glitch it fixed itself. Not in the mood to fix 1000 listings. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Not only did the category change, but I just sold a card for $10.99 with the standard envelope shipping option. When I went to print a shipping label, it's saying items in this category are not eligible for the standard envelope. I spent a lot of time switching ALL of my card listings under $20 to the standard envelope option for $1.00. Not it will cost me $3.49 because it's not giving me the option to select the standard label? Does this now mean I have to switch all my card listings back to first class?

Untitled-1.jpg

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

These new features are horrible! CHANGE IT BACK EBAY! DONT MESS WITH SOMETHING THAT WASN'T BROKE!

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

So it looks like instead of copying across "Sports Trading Cards" when they changed the fields, all my listings have a blank there (I edited a single listing to test). So shipping label system assumes it wasn't a Trading Card so not eligible.

Also seem to have broken bulk editor. I just error messages when the page tries to load.

Fun times....

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Don't change anything.  This is a system wide glitch while they were incorporating these new item specific categories.  eBay said it could take 12-48 hours to get eBay standard delivery operational again.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Now its Having issues with listing categories UGH!! why Ebay why! 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for reaching out to us about the recent changes in the Sports Trading Cards.
We're sorry to hear that you have had a frustrating experience today as a result of the category changes.

Sport-based categories for cards and etopps cards have been deprecated and replaced by product-type based categories. The categories will be replaced with item specifics and left-hand navigation refinements for Sport. Categories were added for Single Cards, Sealed Cards, Lots & Sets, Breaks, Uncut Sheets & Grading Tools among others.

As the category changes roll out there will be some fluctuation in the item specifics and left-hand navigation filters. This should settle down in the next 24-48 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Thank you again for taking the time to share this valuable feedback, and for choosing eBay!

Kind regards,
Arthur

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

That's all fine and dandy But...... we can't even print off standard ebay card shipping label's for customers that have bought and paid today! So now we are putting off our customers. Its automatically kicking the standard card shipping out and going to media mail!  

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

So a few things. 

1. What happens to all the item information that’s already been filled out in my scheduled listings? As of right now they are all blank. 

2. What will happen to item information in existing listings that are active?

3. Have you posted the planned changes somewhere so sellers can prepare for the changes? If not, why wouldn’t you? 

It doesn’t matter if I’m frustrated. You won’t compensate me for lost revenue anyways. In the future it would be a good idea to post planned changes. Just a thought. 

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Yep, this is a mess. All of my trading card listings that are being automatically relisted are being listed as "Graded" even if they aren't, and all are given a grade of "1" with BCCG as the grader by default. I am hopeful these glitchy errors will be fixed in the 12-48 hour window, but as others have mentioned, being unable to ship cards with the Trading Card shipping program for 12-48 hours will cost me to take late shipping on anything purchased today since I have 1 day handling set.

It's frustrating I have to edit my scheduled listings, but that's not a huge issue as it's just two days worth of items. If I have to manually go into every one of my current listings, though, after today and fix the graded card issue, it's a real problem. 

With a seemingly never ending wait if you call the Ebay support, and no email support, I have a feeling today is going to get incredibly frustrating and messy before anything gets fixed. What an odd change to make in the middle of the week.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Absolutely Correct here! 

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Right there with you! This should have been planned better by Ebay!

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Do you guys actually use the knowledge of someone that knows about the hobby before you decide what information pertains to cards? Etopps!?!? Sealed Cards!?!? Really!!!!! What a joke!!!!

Message 15 of 25
latest reply