cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sponsored Items WITHIN my eBay store??

I just noticed that eBay has begun displaying the items in my eBay store with the "Sponsored" notice, items that I have promoted. Are they actually going to charge me extra for a sale if someone clicks on the item link WITHIN my store?

Why the heck would I ever want to pay extra for eBay to rearrange the order of the items within my own store (something I'm already paying for) and then charge me extra when someone clicks an item in that store that I'm paying for, even though I am not competing with any other businesses inside my own eBay store??

sponsored.jpg

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sponsored Items WITHIN my eBay store??

Hi @gear-house I wanted to circle back with some updated information. Our team has resolved the issue and you should no longer be seeing any promoted listings in your store. We are currently working to understand if there were any fees incurred as a result of this issue and will make any corrections as needed. 

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we will circle back again when and if we have any additional information or insights to share on this topic. Thanks!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I just looked at the first page of your store. I see no sponsored listings. I also don't see any on the first page of my store.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I too went to your store - I think it is telling "you" as the Seller which listings you have sponsored.  When I open your store, none of the listings show "sponsored"

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

At the moment, all my listings are "sponsored", so if that's true, when I look at my store page I should see "sponsored" for every listing....I'm not seeing it for any listings. 

it's a puzzler.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I think there was a previous thread about this....I'll see if I can find it.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I just went to you store and saw sponsored listings on top. I don't think there is anything you can do about it. 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Thanks 🙂

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

chapabargain,

Are you seeing sponsored listings as shown in the OPs screenshot? Or are you seeing something called "featured Items" above his regular listings? Just trying to be sure I understand what you are seeing...

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

PS- I noticed that they only appear when I set the default sort setting in my store to "Best Match". Any other setting and they disappear. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

gear-house,

Are you still seeing them?  I'm leaning towards glitch, but as the other thread suggests, it could also be a test of some sort....

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Thanks so much @gear-house for starting this thread. I'm Lauren and work on the eBay Ads team. After digging in further to your question, we’ve identified an intermittent bug that is most likely causing this issue. Our team is looking into it now, and we will circle back on this thread with additional information once we know more.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Hi @gear-house I wanted to circle back with some updated information. Our team has resolved the issue and you should no longer be seeing any promoted listings in your store. We are currently working to understand if there were any fees incurred as a result of this issue and will make any corrections as needed. 

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we will circle back again when and if we have any additional information or insights to share on this topic. Thanks!

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

FYI- @mcdougle4248 @valueaddedresource @bigdeals.etc @go-bad-chicken @eburtonlab 

As a continuation of our discussion from a couple weeks ago- 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sponsored-Listings-within-Stores/td-p/31817548

Per the above post, eBay says they'll be reviewing any credits due from this glitch. Thanks lauren@adsteam.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @coffeebean832  and thanks to lauren@adsteam  for the update!

Message 15 of 17
latest reply