cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes eBay lacks common sense

Buyer makes two separate purchase within a few weeks of each other for the exact same thing and quantity.  Then make a third purchase of the exact same thing for a much higher quantity just a few weeks after the first two purchases. 

Buyer contacts me saying I only sent him one item not seven.  Here we go, no way to prove anything, so I tell him it must be a mistake I will send out the order again and include a couple extra for your troubles.

Buyer gets the replacement order and now claims not as described that I am trying to scam him.  These items have sales of almost 5000 items sold.   I tell him I sent the exact same thing as the first two orders and to review the description and you will see I sent you exactly what is described.  Some how from the first two order which he says in the messages were perfect and that is why he ordered more but I am now sending something different.

Buyers new message then makes threats and claims to be reporting me, I remind him he has a money back guarantee and that he should consider that as a path forward.  Buyer then messages me with a deadline date that I have to send out the items to complete his order or he will take action.  I have already sent him two complete orders of (7 items) plus two extra items.

Buyer opens a INR case ( I guess by mistake) for the larger order which I called and got closed immediately.  I also reported the buyer for misuse of the money back guarantee and the nasty language used against another user in messages.  eBay sends me the message case closed in your favor any feedback left will be removed.

This morning I get very nasty negative feedback from this buyer claiming I scammed him.  I call to see why eBay did not remove the feedback as promised in the message and they say this feedback is not for the case transaction but for one of the earlier purchases from this buyer and that they can not remove it. 

I remind them that the buyer has already said they were completely happy with the first two purchases.  Still they can not remove it, but the CSR person said the feedback is clearly feedback manipulation and they transferred me to a dept and we filed a report for this reason but they can not comment on if the team that reviews these reports will do any thing or remove the feedback.

eBay lacks common sense.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Sometimes eBay lacks common sense

That's the risk we all take here when sending out either MQ purchases or using combined shipping

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

"Sometimes"?

This is why I would ony sell antiques here, mostly toys or parts toys. My buyers want what they bid on, and are happy to get exactly what they won. They are all great. Same with the group of sellers I buy from and check regularly for the same types of items. 

But when I buy something here I can get usually anywhere else, it's a bit different. 

@ymeagainlord wrote:
That's the risk we all take here when sending out either MQ purchases or using combined shipping

My issue is not having to send out another package and taking a lose on the order.  It is much easier for me to do that than deal with the customer service issues like this one caused.  I do this all the time but I have not had issues after I do this, like on this transaction.

I have said many times here in the forum not all transactions will produce a profit, and as a higher volumn seller time is many times more valuable than the revenue lose.

My issue is that I had to spend the time on the phone with eBay rep who say: Yep this is feedback manipulation which is against policy and get transferred to another dept who looks at the details and come back and says: Yep this is feedback manipulation but they can not remove it.

eBay lacks common sense.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Okay then it's all good right?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Awesome so not only does ebay support the scammer in injuring you (stealing from you), but they also aid them in insulting you (leaving negative feedback) on top of it. Very nice, very nice indeed. Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

First off, years ago I used to order some new merchandise wholesale for my store.  Sold lots of it and it was great stuff.  Then one day I ordered, sold some and the buyers came back and said uh, this doesn't look right.  Sure enough, the item had a completely different lok and the look was what sold it. 

So I called the wholesaler and pointed it out to them.  They said that they had several complaints about it already and in checking into it found that their supplier had changed factories (to a cheaper Chinese one) and that product was not good.  I took their refund and never ordered more.

The buyer might be in the right if you have gotten a new shipment between one order and another.

BUT your offering to send more told the buyer that you are an easy mark.  And the gradual upgrade in quantity is a way to get a seller to feel more at ease and also greedy to keep a regular customer but makes them easier to scam.

(*Bleep*)
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It's pretty nice to have mostly Unique things.  If a buyer gets on the wrong end of that stick they might find themselves out of being able to buy something.  I know a lot of the Laserdisc sellers personally and a lot of the bigger ones.  If someone starts messing around with us he or she get on a list and are unable to buy. I am =sure it is the same for older toy sellers.  I mean how many people have a copy of WASP on laserdisc.  I know maybe 3 people and believe it or not there are a lot more than 3 people looking for that one.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

How much "Common Sense" is eBay showing by blocking feedback for SNAD because the buyer mistakenly filed INR???

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Sorry this happened to you, goodluck, but still, I am very surprised that you posted this.

But I understand.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply